Li-ion power mod

alphaseek

Re: Li-ion power mod

Post by alphaseek »

robocog wrote:Yes all good - had it transmitting data successfully
The lipo fits (1300 mah cell split from a 3s pack), as does the charging board and the 9v boost board along with the cp2102 - and the case still fits and there is room for more if needed...(bluetooth/voltage monitor/dip switch for firmware updates?)

However the small 9v boost board is too noisy and is making the trace all wobbly, tried a few caps on the output but it seemed to make no difference

Have ordered another (but bigger) adjustable boost board that I know does not put out enough noise that the traces are wonky
(quickly swapped one out from another project) - but it does swallow up any extra room for expansion

Not yet discovered how to graph the output from the data from the cp2102 yet, but that is for another thread :D

Thanks once again for such an informative thread (and a massive thanks for the headsup on the rogue voltages on the cp2102 - disaster averted!)

Interesting - on that link you show to the one that is 3v3 - the image also shows the pin 9 trace (wrongly) going to the cap?

Regards
Rob
I'm going to post separately on this, but what we actually need to occupy all that extra room is a second channel. :-)

The pictures on that Ebay link are all wrong. They show a bad module. But what I received from them was two good modules. So far, good modules do not have "CJMCU" silkscreened on them, and have the TXD output silkcreened "TXD" instead of "TXO". Also, the good ones appear to have a resettable fuse up by the USB socket ("105") instead of a plain jumper ("000"). But of course as time goes on, he will have to order new stock, which may or may not be good. I have sent him email impressing on him the difference involved here, and the need to maintain his supply of good parts, and urged him to change the photos to pics of what he's actually selling, but got only a brief non-committal response, and he hasn't changed the photos. So you still have to check the voltage of whatever you get.
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

I reply ones into this topic "LI-Ion power mod", but I think you have open a new topic for the USB-problems.
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/CP2102-MICRO-US ... 765079624?
CU, Rob
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

RobNL wrote:I reply ones into this topic "LI-Ion power mod", but I think you have open a new topic for the USB-problems.
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/CP2102-MICRO-US ... 765079624?
I'm not sure what you are saying about a new topic, but the module shown at that link appears to be a bad one. The picture is upside down, but you can see the trace going from pin 9 to that capacitor. However, many Ebay sellers use "standard" product photos, so even if the photo shows a bad module, what you actually receive may be good.
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

I try to explain, but English is not my first language, this is the topic POWER MOD.
If you have problems with the UART, please open a new topic about it.
No one can find the problems about the USB2TTL if you use this topic.

Forgive me for saying this, but it looks easier on the forum if everything is separate on the subject.
CU, Rob
robocog

Post by robocog »

RobNL
I hear and understand you - it is no longer an issue with TTL for me, but think it should stay in this section as a useful warning about these particular units not necessarily putting out 3.3v and risk frying their scopes-
It is highly likely those doing the lipo mod are going to be adding the USB TTL at the same time (mine is sharing the same USB connector for charging power for the internal lipo- as I'm sure others are likely to do)

Had it not been for the warning prior to me soldering the CP2102 up and testing I would have possibly blown the scope and not even realized why, I have never come across this issue before or heard of the issue (yet I own other CP2102 units and have blindly plugged them in assuming they are doing what they said they would when purchased...luckily the others are compliant after I checked)

alphaseek's free advice has just saved me £16 and a 4 week wait ....and I am thankful!
If it saves someone else the heartache it needs to stay on a relevant section where it will get seen - IMHO this is as good as any

Regards
Rob
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

It take sometime, 6h with 1800mA, but the batterie_low goes on.

But 3V6 is to low, the shell switch off if the batterie is 3V6.
I think 3V8 or 3V9 will be better when the LED glows up.
CU, Rob
vcpinto

Post by vcpinto »

3.7V Lithium Battery Power Indicator Module test:

https://youtu.be/JJekbUxPXo4
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

The problem with (all) the modules are the power(current) level of the batterie.
Below 120 mA the shell stop working and not below 9 Volt (from stepup).
If I set the stepup Voltage at 3V5 (from powersupply) and the current at ~140mA the shell is still working.
The shell will quit spontaneous if the current is not enough from the batterie.
Unfortunately, Li-ion batteries have the disadvantage that they stop working spontaneously when the power runs out.

CU, Rob
JOHNBULLIE

Post by JOHNBULLIE »

Thanks information in forum I made changes.
I used a new case that appeared on EBAY that allows the battery charger and battery to be mounted very cleanly.
I do not know if it is allowed by the moderator to put the link but if you do a search with the word DSO150 it will appear among the objects.
I am attaching some photos of my realization.
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

Search the net (or Ebay) for DSO150.......you be joking :shock:

Show use the link, there no problem to do this.
CU, Rob