Blank LCD

bborn

Blank LCD

Post by bborn »

Just finnished a FG085, model 08503k. The LCD lights up but remains blank, None of the buttoms have any effect.
I tried adjustement with the trimmer POTin the event there was a incorrect contrast adjustment, but the was no change noted. I also rechecked solder joints that were visible but did not unsolder LCD to check underneath for bad solder joints. I did orriginally check all joints.
Any ideas??
jye1

Re: Blank LCD

Post by jye1 »

Can you please post photos (high resolution preferably) of the board (both sides without panels) ?
bborn

Post by bborn »

tried to upload photos
Clicked on "upload attachment' and then 'brows'e and 'attach file'
msg - 'invalid file'

is there a size limit and how am I supposed to upload photos'
thanks
jye1

Post by jye1 »

What file extension did you use? The file size limit is 1M bytes.
bborn

Post by bborn »

The images were too big last time
These should be ok

DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
bborn

Post by bborn »

would like some input from JYE1 . It has been 10 days since I posted wthe pictures you requested. The thing is useless to me unless I can get some help
jye1

Post by jye1 »

I am sorry l saw the photo but I forgot to write a reply. From the photos the soldering of the pin strip that connects LCD and main board did not look very well. Can you please re-touch them one by one with an iron? Please heat up the joint a little longer so that solder fully melts and covers whole pad.
bborn

Post by bborn »

Thanks!
That evidently was the problem. Even though I had rechecked all of the solder joints, there must have been a cold solder joint