Problem upgrading firmware

GeoffState

Problem upgrading firmware

Post by GeoffState »

I purchased an AVR 07302 to perform the upgrade with.
Connect cable as per photo in "FG085_FirmwareUpgradeSteps.pdf". My 085 has the same PCB version shown in this photo.
Only SLOW CLK jumper is installed.
Select chip ATmega168 for U5.
Power FG085 from own plugpack - red LED D1 on AVR programmer inconsistently blinks up to half a dozen times then goes OFF.
Plug in AVR USB cable
LED D1 on AVR programmer ON (only when plugged into U5, not U6)

In ISP mode a read from eXtreme Burner causes no LED activity on the AVR programmer and returns the message "Incorrect Chip Found! Continue ?"
In ZIP socket (worth a try) a read lights LED D2 on AVR programmer until the same error message as above is dismissed.

Using Chip ATmega48, U6, ISP mode behaves the same except the AVR Burner LEDs remain OFF until the Burner is plugged into the USB.

My USB port is capable of powering a Raspberry Pi @ approx 800mA so I configured all to use USB power instead of plugpack with no change in results.

TestLibUSB shows a page of info when the programmer is plugged in. DLL 0.1.12.1 Driver 1.2.4.0.

I downloaded AVRpal.netv3.1.0.0 (opensource) burner software.
It detects when the programmer is plugged in, but when clicked for chip name (autodetected), LED D2 on AVR programmer flashes three times during the read then reports "No known chip connected"

I have run out of ideas after more than 4 hours. Could the programmer be defective? Ser No. 0731301KR074
jye1

Re: Problem upgrading firmware

Post by jye1 »

Just ignore the "Incorrect chip found" message and click Yes. It should report operation successful if there is no real problem.

At connecting the programmer please connect it to USB first (LED D1 should light up). Then connect programming header to target and power target.

LED D2 lights up while operation is undergoing.

We mostly use the tool below for the programmer. This one is much better. It comes with some documentation which unfortunately is in Chinese. But most operations are straightforward and easy. You can even save all your configuration and data in a package (project file) for easy retrieve in future.

Download link: http://www.jyetech.com/Support/progisp172.rar