CTRL and SQR lines, communication protocol U5/U6

aziemer

CTRL and SQR lines, communication protocol U5/U6

Post by aziemer »

Hi everybody,

I just got my miniDDS and have some questions:

As I would like to implement some additional features. I asked for the source code, but was told that it is unavailable to the public.
So I have to go the hard way by creating my own U5 firmware... In doing so, the following question arises:
- Is there any documentation available concerning the communication between main and DDS controller (lines FGCMD and nFGCS)?

Also, I cannot find any mention of the SQR line on the U6 PGM header. Same goes for the CTRL1/CTRL2 lines on the U5 PGM header.
Are they described somewhere?

best regards
Andreas
aziemer

Re: CTRL and SQR lines, communication protocol U5/U6

Post by aziemer »

Sorry, found SQR in the schematic...
But the other questions are still open ;-)

Andreas
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Sorry for the late reply. Please see attachment for document of the DDS core interface. Hope it helps.

The VCTRL1/VCTRL2 were provisions at design time for possible analog control over the DDS output, like VCO, amplitude modulation, etc. They were never implemented since space is tight. Even they did the time responsibility would be rather slow due to the nature of design.
InterfaceToFG085DdsCore.rar
(41.52 KiB) Downloaded 750 times
aziemer

Post by aziemer »

Hi dear,

wow, this is nice! Thank you very much for the specs, this is exactly what I wanted :D

Andreas
vsoft

Post by vsoft »

jye1 wrote: The VCTRL1/VCTRL2 were provisions at design time for possible analog control over the DDS output, like VCO, amplitude modulation, etc.
This would be very interesting! Possibly another product - without servo control for example? A universal block for building a modular synthesizer, in which all modules could be controlled from a PC?