FG805

jerome

FG805

Post by jerome »

Hi,
Congratulations for your products that are smart but I have problems with my FG805.
This generator, that embeds the last firmware versions (xxx 130 and xxx 50) hangs very often.
Today I didn't find a way for taking over its control again (the 1st line of display toggles between "F :__________ SINE" and "T:________ SINE" without any effect of key press)
Presently I dont see any other mean to recover than flashing again the main microcontroller and starting again from a known situation.
Any suggestion ?

I feel since the beginning that the user interface is "touchy", some improvements in terms of robustness would be nice for getting a reliable behavior.
It would be great if you could add a special key combination or a key behavior that always allow product recovering if it hangs or in case of eeprom corruption that prevents the product to start well...

Kind Regards,
Jerome
jye1

Re: FG805

Post by jye1 »

Please check the button "F/T". It looks the button is constantly making close/open action.

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll see what we can do.
jerome

Re: FG805

Post by jerome »

Hello,

Thanks for this return.
Your diagnostic is good: the F/T button is failing, its spring hasn't a correct strength for a frank contact disconnection when released, I will replace it.

Congratulation for the quality of your support.

Kind Regards,
Jerome