Instructions for data serial output

NCJOB

Instructions for data serial output

Post by NCJOB »

Hi,

There is no instructions how to use a serial output function from DSO138mini. Is the waveform uploaded to PC directly via miniUSB? Any limitations?
jye1

Re: Instructions for data serial output

Post by jye1 »

Serial output of data is through a Uart port at the right border of the main board (the pins marked TX and RX), not through USB. A Uart-USB converter is required to send the data to PC.

The output data is ASCII coded. They are plain text. The simplest way to display the data is capture them with any serial port software and save the captured data as CSV file. Then use EXECL to display and analysis.
sergiomarina

Re: Instructions for data serial output

Post by sergiomarina »

Hello Friends, I would like to capture the serial communication between the controller and the internal unit of a HVAC by Daikin. My plant is three years old and not inter-connected to anything so impossible to control from remotely. Daikin released a windows app for that purpose only in Australia therefore I cannot buy it here in Italy.
But, being that, I know that the Daikin unit offers an interface for an additional external device (with networking capability).
Is the DSO138 (that I received and assembled today) able to monitor a serial interface (specifically between controller and the Daikin internal unit), capture data in a timeframe and send stored data via UART to a PC so they can be analyzed?
Many thanks!
Best rgrds, S