Very nice kit! But some suggestions to make it better.

JimO

Very nice kit! But some suggestions to make it better.

Post by JimO »

I really like the DSO138 mini. It went together easily and worked the first time. The quality of the boards and parts is excellent. I couldn't find a full instruction book for it. Is there one? Some of the "Other Features like the Measurements feature are outstanding.

Suggestions:
Provide screws and standoffs for the 4 corners of the top board to lock them together securely. The holes are already there. I used a couple of pieces of waxed cord but real hardware would be appreciated.
My kit came with a 10 pin male header and a 4 pin male header. I cut the 4 pin in half to make the two 2 pin headers needed.
The J5 pad short was difficult to do. I ended up soldering a small wire across it. The BNC was also difficult to mount. Took my big iron and a lot of work. A 20 watt iron would not do it. I'm not sure if BTN 1-4 switches have a right or wrong orientation. I picked one that seemed to fit mechanically and they all worked. Some guidance should be added to the instructions.

The instructions should mention the 4 rubber feet supplied. Very nice. It should also include the external trigger instructions.

I have an "F" input board and the schematic would lead you to believe that C6 is used to trim the 1V scale setting. But C6 doesn't do anything. It's not mentioned in the instructions either.
smokok

Re: Very nice kit! But some suggestions to make it better.

Post by smokok »

JimO wrote:But C6 doesn't do anything. It's not mentioned in the instructions either.
Replace C7 with 50pf - 68pf. After that, I began working С6.