DSO 138 mini available for preordering!

MorganFlint

DSO 138 mini available for preordering!

Post by MorganFlint »

Banggood has the new version of DSO138 available for preordering! Shipping would be on Dec 15th or later.

Jye1 had already announced this new version was going to be released soon in several posts (e.g., this one), but it doesn't still appear at jyetech.com.

From the photos, it's design follows the same philosophy of DSO Shell, separating the analog and digital parts in different PCBs.
MorganFlint

Re: DSO 138 mini available for preordering!

Post by MorganFlint »

MorganFlint wrote:... but it doesn't still appear at jyetech.com...
I've seen today it already has a product page at jyetech.com.

It says "The scope can run on USB or a single cell 3.7V Li-ion battery which make it much more convenient as a portable device"
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

I guess I don't understand the appeal of the 138 mini. Well, the power supply could be a big difference, but otherwise - there's no case, no difference in performance that I can find, and I didn't see a part in the picture that looked like a rotary encoder. And it looks like v110 for the 150 now has the serial transmission stuff.

Oh, and where I shop, the 138 mini actually costs more than the 150.

What am I missing?
MorganFlint

Post by MorganFlint »

I partially agree with you, except for the battery issue (that can be fixed), DSO 150 Shell appears to be better and cheaper than DSO 138 (first version or mini), leaving apart it also includes a case.

The only advantage for 138 mini is that it's a bit smaller than 150, something that could be useful in case you want to embed it in another appliance (e.g. in this case).

Maybe jye1 could tell us the reason behind so many versions of similar products...