Some Push Switches don't work

kazukazu

Some Push Switches don't work

Post by kazukazu »

I assembled DSO 062 kit (06204KP), and supplied 9V power. Then the bootloader worked fine, oscilloscope software started and everything was thought to be good.

But I found that push switches labeled as "-", "LEVEL", SLOPE" and "MODE" didn't work. According to the schematic, these are connected to COL2, so I checked the voltages of all the terminals of these push switches. It was found that COL0 and COL1 were close to 0V, only COL2 was 1.3V. On the oher hand, ROW0, ROW1, ROW2 and ROW3 were all 1.7V. When I removed these push switches from PCB, the situation was not changed.

What is wrong with my oscilloscope, and how can I fix the problem?

kazukazu
jye1

Re: Some Push Switches don't work

Post by jye1 »

Did you check the continuity of COL2 from the pin of U1? If it is good then please try re-flash the firmware.
kazukazu

Post by kazukazu »

I appriciate your quick reply.

I checked the electric continuity between COL2 side terminal of push switches and pin54 of U4, and found it good. I also re-flashed the firmware to version 113-06208-102, and nothing changed.

I think something is wrong with pin54 of U4. If you provide special firmware in which COL2 is assigned to another unused pin of U4 (if any), I'm going to try to cut PCB pattern between push switches and pin54 and re-route to new pin for my own resposibility.

Is there any other way to fix this problem?

kazukazu
kazukazu

Post by kazukazu »

In order to make sure the possibility of problem in PCB pattern between push switches and pin54 of U4 (short circuit with another pattern, for example) I removed soldering of pin54, lifted the pin up from PCB and checked the voltage again. Then I found the same voltage of 1.3V as measured before and finally concluded that something was wrong with pin54 of U4.

Based on this conclusion, I re-routed the circuit from push switches to unused pin of U4, pin61 (PF0), modified source code of learning edition (113-06210-001) so as to re-assign COL2 on PF0, built and re-flashed. Then all the push switches worked fine.

All the problems on me were fixed now. This cute oscilloscope workes nicely and must be a indispensable tool for me.
Let me make one thing clear, is there any restriction of function in learning edition compared with latest release 113-06208-102 ?
Last edited by kazukazu on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazukazu

Post by kazukazu »

Oops! Minimum time base is 0.1ms in learning edition firmware(113-06210-001). It's very slow and useless! Also FFT function seems to be not available.

Would you please provide me a special version of newest firmware in which COL2 is assigned to pin61 (PF0) ?