I think my ADC is bad on a new kit

Kage

I think my ADC is bad on a new kit

Post by Kage »

Just assembled the kit and Im not getting a trace on the screen. U5 Pins 22,23 about .55V, Pins 16,17 about 2.55V.
Pin 12 has a 3.7K clock (is this correct?062 scope at .5ms) . Im injecting a 1khz sine wave into the input, at pin 19 I can see the sine wave within the .6 to 2.6 Voltage limits (looks good here). I have no data on pins 3 through 10 on the TLC5510 chip (0V on all data pins). Anyway, Before I get to carried away with trying to replace it , any thoughts? Thanks...I really don't want to replace any surface mount parts if possible.
jye1

Re: I think my ADC is bad on a new kit

Post by jye1 »

Please check the connection of clock signal from pin to pin between ADC and MCU.
Kage

Post by Kage »

The connection between the Atmega64 clock and ADC tested ok. I just got a new (ADC)TLC5510 in from mouser.com today . I put in the pencil tip on my solder iron and replaced it, I had to use my magnifying glass lamp . That was it , unit appears to work fine now(I hate replacing surface mount parts). I'm looking forward to learning how the software works now and seeing if I can figure some of that out...I wonder if maybe the part was damaged as the 062 kit was not shipped in static safe packaging? Anyway, I'm up and running.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Please send your Paypal account to support@jyetech.com. We will be happy to reimburse you the cost for obtaining the new ADC chip.