I hope someone can help me.

OGStyle

I hope someone can help me.

Post by OGStyle »

I have been waiting to get a 150 and a family member got me one as a gift. I decided to update it to the latest firmware and I ran into a problem. I turned it on after the update and it gave the device info and said the board was fake then it went to just a white screen. I tried updating it again and all it will do is give a blank white screen. Can someone please help me get it working again?

Thank you
MorganFlint

Re: I hope someone can help me.

Post by MorganFlint »

You need to flash an official firmware older than version 064 (which was the first one that started to check for fakes):
https://jyetech.com/firmware-dso-150-shell/

You can also try one of the alternatives to the official firmware that can be found on this forum; for example:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1953
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1694
MorganFlint

Post by MorganFlint »

OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

Is there anything I need to do after flashing the firmware? I tried a few custom ones and they didn't work.
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

After I flash the firmware I unplug the serial device and unsolder jp1 and jp2. Then I hook the power up and turn the device on.

I can't download the old firmware. It looks like they were pulled off the site.
MorganFlint

Post by MorganFlint »

OGStyle wrote:Is there anything I need to do after flashing the firmware? I tried a few custom ones and they didn't work.
At least with this one (which I've tried in a clone with success), you need to push "OK" at power up the first time to reset default settings.

At first, I used the pre-compiled binaries posted by sreichholf here (3rd post). He also mentions the OK button issue. It was version 3.0.

After that, I also installed version 3.1 (attached, I think I compiled it by myself; I'm also attaching a backup of V3.1 downloaded after first run).

I think there have been updates since then, but I don't have the binaries.

I hope they work for you!
Attachments
DSO-150-3.1.zip
(99 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
MorganFlint

Post by MorganFlint »

Also, you may have problems with the WDG_SW setting at the flash utility. Some explanations here.
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

I tried both those firmwares and the screen keep flashing between the c++ screen and a white screen. I can't figure out how to do the setting for WDG_SW. I am using FlashLoader Demonstrator v2.8.0

Thanks
OGStyle

Post by OGStyle »

Great news. I have it working again. The newer OFW turns off WDG_SW. I was finally able to figure out where I had to go to turn that back on. I have v 64 installed. Is there a better firmware that is recommended?

Thanks for all the help
MorganFlint

Post by MorganFlint »

I liked very much Open DSO-150 V3.1 posted before, but original V64 is also OK