Step 5 Calibration Instruction on Leaflet

RayPooley

Post by RayPooley »

Hi everybody

New DSO150 owner here.

I have read this procedure a few times and I have also tried to follow it on my DSO150 but it makes no sense.

1 and 2 are fine. But 3, 4 and 5? What am I supposed to do here? It tells me to do something but doesn't explain how.

eg: "adjust trigger level so that waveform is stable".

Does anyone know where I can find a better instruction of how to complete this calibration?

Everything seems to be working in spite of not completing this calibration process but I want to complete it to my satisfaction.

Thanks
RayPooley

Re: Step 5 Calibration Instruction on Leaflet

Post by RayPooley »

Me again

Since posting this I have figured out what C3 and C5 are all about.

So I have completed the calibration process.

However, I was unable to square the test waves at either 0.1V or 3.3V.

I could see the waveform change as I adjusted C3 and C5 but it only went so far in reducing the curvature and then started to increase it again so it never got to a square corner.

Any have and idea what the cause of this might be? And the solution. The leaflet doesn't offer any suggestion in this case.

When I did my Step 4 voltage checks alll values were in order except V1, V2 and V3 which are suppoesed to be 0 but were actually 4mV, 1mV and 6mV.

Are those departures significant?

BTW, note to designers. I found it very difficult and clumsy trying to turn C3 and C5 with the faceplate attached (as in the picture) because even my thinnest screw driver had to go in at an angle. I ended up removing it.

Cheers
RayPooley

Re: Step 5 Calibration Instruction on Leaflet

Post by RayPooley »

By the way. I didn't set the "Notify me when a reply is posted" when I posted the first two postings. So if you have a solution to offer would you mind sending me a private message?

Cheers