Shell DSO 150 does not complete boot-up

rcpilot2

Shell DSO 150 does not complete boot-up

Post by rcpilot2 »

Gentlemen, I bought the kit form of this unit. I had only the rotary encoder to solder on the main board. Upon testing the main board alone (not connected to the analog board) the LM1117-3.3/To263 becomes so hot that it cannot be touched.This takes a little over 30 seconds. The unit does attempt to boot-up and some info appears on the screen but then goes blank. Since this occurs w/o the analog board I feel confident the issue is on the main board. I carefully replaced the Lm1117 with a new one only to have the same outcome. I have ordered and received a NEW factory built unit with which I am very much pleased. As a matter of pride I would like to get the defective unit working. Would anyone have a suggestion as to what's wrong and how/if I might go about making the repair? Thank you for any help you may offer..
rcpilot2

Re: Shell DSO 150 does not complete boot-up

Post by rcpilot2 »

I had no idea that a return was possible.Would you be so kind as to advise where I might obtain shipping instructions and a ship to address? Thank you!
rcpilot2

Post by rcpilot2 »

I was advised to return my non-working DSO 150 Shell unit to DSO Shell for repair. In searching for return instructions, an application for a return goods label and a ship to address so far I have found none. Could some kind soul point me in the right direction please? Thank you........
SnusMurmik

Post by SnusMurmik »

Probably the same thing that happened to me. Over-voltage destroys the LM1117, which then outputs more than 3.3V, which in turn destroys the CPU. I'm in the process of replacing these components myself.

You can contact JYE tech via email. They will probably send you a replacement.