Power supply of DSO150: laptop power supply + DP20V2A

Trionk

Power supply of DSO150: laptop power supply + DP20V2A

Post by Trionk »

Hi everyone!

I would like to power a DSO150 with a Toshiba laptop power supply (19V 3.42V) with the programmable power supply DP20V2A. I have read on this forum that "this scope is very sensible to power supply quality". Apparently the DP20VAS has some noise and I don't know about the Toshiba power supply but as it's a genuine on, I would think that the power is stabilized.

Do you think the noise I might get is still in the range that the DSO150 can manage or should I think about another way of powering the DSO150 ?

Thanks for your help!
johng

Re: Power supply of DSO150: laptop power supply + DP20V2A

Post by johng »

1) I watched the video... at approx. 18:50, the fellow suggests adding extra filtering on the output, if you're concerned about the noise. Think low-pass filter.

2) Another option... The DP20VAS in combination with the laptop supply seems like it would make a cheap/useful bench supply. But it seems like overkill just for the DSO150. Me, I've used a 12V (unregulated) wallwart feeding into an LM7809 regulator, and have had no problems with this. I've also used a 9V (regulated) wallwart -- again, no problems.