Resistor value R2 differts from manual

Tengano

Resistor value R2 differts from manual

Post by Tengano »

Hi everyone,

I have a genuine DSO150 bought from Banggood. I checked the serial numbers as is stated is this forum elsewhere.

Tested the main board and everything seems to be ok even after
I soldered the components on the main board. I get the same results as shown in the manual. However the led on the back (D1) blinks 3 times and after that starts working instead of blinking
2 times like stated in the manual??

Question 1: This seems odd to me? Is the manual incorrect on this point?

When I started soldering on the analog board I discovered that the manual says that I should solder a 1.2 Mohm resistor on position R3,
which is not deliverded in the box? However a 1.3 Mohm resistor is in the box (checked this with the colorcode and my multimeter), so that is the only option I have to use for the requested
and advised value for resistor R3.

Question 2: Can I just use 1.3 Mohm for R3 instead of the requested 1.2 Mohm or is this an error in the manual??

Can someone please help me out, because I want to give this thing a go.

Kind regards,

Tengano
Last edited by Tengano on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tengano

Re: Resistor value R2 differts from manual

Post by Tengano »

I am sorry the title is wrong.

It should be:

Resistor value R3 differs from manual
jye1

Post by jye1 »

1.3M can be used but will cause measurement error. You can contact JYETech at jyetek@gmail.com for replacement.
Tengano

Post by Tengano »

jye1 wrote:1.3M can be used but will cause measurement error. You can contact JYETech at jyetek@gmail.com for replacement.
Thank you very much for your answer! I appreciate it :)

I already soldered the resistor because I was too impatient and your answer seems to match with the results of the output;
because there is also no way to get a nice square wave with the test signal using the trimmers. They seem to have no effect.
In this forum I found some info that these trimmers are also related to this resistor so therefor I can't get this thing going
in the way it is supposed to be.

And I have no resistor of 1.2 Mohm laying aorund since it is not a very common value as far as I know..

So I will contact jvetek and see what's possible.

And again: thanks!