Wierd rotary encoder malfunction after firmware update

yclee126

Wierd rotary encoder malfunction after firmware update

Post by yclee126 »

Recently I got a dso shell oscilloscope from my own friend, and I tried improve the performance by updating the firmware.

The original firmware installed was 061, and I updated it to 120, which is the newest version. (with 113-15001 prefix)

It worked flawless at very first, but after several seconds I threw into a problem.
The rotary encoder did not increase any "number" how hard I tried.

Literally, I can move the horizontal position freely, but any other function indicated as number just goes down and eventually stuck at bottom value.

To solve this, I downgraded it to 113. But it was completly same, and I decided to post this problem at this forum and I shot a video of it :
https://youtu.be/CHw57lI5zLs

Currently I came back to 061, and it worked just well as before.
(the firmware link was broken, but I found it at here : https://yadi.sk/d/dUWOnDTw3LSoex)
But now I feel much less confortable since I experienced the newest version.. it has much stable rotary encoder(ironically) and trigger.

Any solution would be appreciated, Thank you.
yclee126

Re: Wierd rotary encoder malfunction after firmware update

Post by yclee126 »

And I missed the PID sticker part, just noticed that today..
11.jpg
22.jpg
jye1

Post by jye1 »

When upgraded from old firmware (earlier than version -100) activation is required. Please enter activation code "7030" by following these steps:

1 ) Install new firmware if you have older ones (i.e. version 113-15001-064 or earlier)
2 ) Boot the scope to its normal working state (where grids are displayed).
3 ) Simultaneously press the three buttons SEC/DIV, TRIGGER, and ADJ.
4 ) Follow screen instructions to enter activation code.
yclee126

Post by yclee126 »

It works flawlessly now, Thank you!
jye1 wrote:When upgraded from old firmware (earlier than version -100) activation is required.
I thought version 100 or later! the note in firmwares page is confusing.
If your board is upgraded from an earlier version to -110 or later you need an activation code.
You mean eariler version up to 110, and later??
"If your board is upgraded from an earlier version (up to -110) you need an activation code." is much clear, I think.