Rotary encoder problem

Sciaio

Rotary encoder problem

Post by Sciaio »

Hi all, I purchased the DSO kit on banggood and assembled it.
I think all I soldered was correct and infact all works perfectly (for a short period). I tried the features by clicking the buttons at the same time and then I noticed that the rotary encoder doesn't work properly anymore. I AM SURE that before it worked perfectly.

When I rotate it, seems it only rotates in one direction. Reading the FAQ seems I soldered the rotary encoder in the wrong side, but it is not, and this doesn't explain why before worked.

I checked all the resistance the FAQ indicates for the rotary encoder problem, all are perfect. I rechecked also all the part I soldered and the voltages that the manual indicates.

Side note: in the "trigger" mode it works in BOTH direction, in "sec/div" mode only in one direction and it decrease always same for "v/div" mode but this time if I rotate the rotary encoder fast enough in the counter-clockside direction I am able to decrease the value. :lol:

I really don't know how this can be possible...
Please help me, if something is not clear I'll try to do a video.

Thanks
jye1

Re: Rotary encoder problem

Post by jye1 »

Your unit might need activation. Please send your board ID (on a sticker with barcode) to jyetek@gmail.com to get activation code and instruction.