Buy rotary encoder in the UK??

gazz292

Buy rotary encoder in the UK??

Post by gazz292 »

so i put the rotary encoder in backwards, it would only register rotation one way,

tried to get it off the board using hot air.. and melted the plastic of the encoder.

i then ordered an encoder that looked to be similar from RS components, but it's not right, it registers both ways, but skips 2 when turned... the encoder i bought was a 24 pulses per revolution, i presume this is not what the proper one is??

I know i can buy the encoder but from america, and it's like 10 dollars postage... i only paid £18 for the entire kit off bangood, ok it took a month to arrive,

But there must be a european or UK seller of these encoders? is there a part number for it,
alphaseek

Re: Buy rotary encoder in the UK??

Post by alphaseek »

You need 15 pulses per revolution, and 30 detents per revolution. I believe it's this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401475259389

It's on US Ebay, but the seller is UK. You might try to contact him.

So far as I know, JYETech has never specified the part number for the encoder, or provided an Ebay or AliExpress source for them. I think it would be helpful if they would do that.

More generally, I think an Alps EC11 or Bourns PEC11L might work, but don't knpw for sure. But the shaft on either of those would probably be too long.
HighMans

Post by HighMans »

alphaseek wrote:You need 15 pulses per revolution, and 30 detents per revolution. I believe it's this one:

So far as I know, JYETech has never specified the part number for the encoder, or provided an Ebay or AliExpress source for them. I think it would be helpful if they would do that.

More generally, I think an Alps EC11 or Bourns PEC11L might work, but don't knpw for sure. But the shaft on either of those would probably be too long.
Do you've a US version? I swear this scope is a PITA. Can't even downgrade my firmware.
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

HighMans wrote:
alphaseek wrote:You need 15 pulses per revolution, and 30 detents per revolution. I believe it's this one:

Do you've a US version? I swear this scope is a PITA. Can't even downgrade my firmware.
No I don't. I haven't found a US source, or even a Chinese source.
gazz292

Post by gazz292 »

Excellent, thankyou so much for that, ordered one and i'll get it by the end of the week,