ORIGINAL BRAND NEW DSO SHELL N signal or waveform whatsoever

AlexS16

ORIGINAL BRAND NEW DSO SHELL N signal or waveform whatsoever

Post by AlexS16 »

Help, I have a brand new DSO Shell that arrived at my house yesterday. When i unpacked it and connected it so i can test it, it displays no signal, no waveform, nothing.
It just displays the grid, like in the photos. First, i read some posts in this forum, and i came to the conclusion that maybe it's because the scope isn't activated with the code that it requests when you press v/div, sec/div, and adj, but when i send the e-mail requesting the activation code and submited it to the scope, it makes no difference.
When the scope boots, the internal red LED is on, and it blinks (i don't know if that's normal). It boots normal, but it doesn't display even the yellow line of the probe when you're not testing anything, it's just the grid, the buttons work just fine, just like the rotary encoder. It is the genuine DSO Shell, you can tell it by the photos. I need help, i literally didn't do anything to the scope because it's brand new, like i said before, it just arrived to my house yesterday, and i ordered it from banggood. It came with the latest firmware -111.
Attachments
another pic of the scope booting
another pic of the scope booting
just show the grid, it doesn´t show the signal or anything on the probe that is connected
just show the grid, it doesn´t show the signal or anything on the probe that is connected
when it boots, the internal red LED is on
when it boots, the internal red LED is on
Original scope
Original scope
jye1

Re: ORIGINAL BRAND NEW DSO SHELL N signal or waveform whatso

Post by jye1 »

Have you tried restore default settings? Please try it if you haven't by holding down the center two buttons simultaneously for about 3 seconds. After that you might need to do VPos alignment by holding down the V/DIV button for about 3 seconds. Before doing VPos alignment remember to set couple switch to GND position.
AlexS16

Post by AlexS16 »

jye1 wrote:Have you tried restore default settings? Please try it if you haven't by holding down the center two buttons simultaneously for about 3 seconds. After that you might need to do VPos alignment by holding down the V/DIV button for about 3 seconds. Before doing VPos alignment remember to set couple switch to GND position.
I tried, nothing happens, the scope still does not display any signal, only the grid
AlexS16

Post by AlexS16 »

I have tried with the combination that you told me and nothing works, still no trace, and i can't identify if its the analog board. Would you recommend me another thing? I really need the scope working. In cases like this, is the problem the analog board or is it the firmware? Do I need to change components like the resistors or the capacitors?
PiotrMisiuna

Post by PiotrMisiuna »

my seams to be in a similar condition - now, it was worse, if you want to follow through, I have problems with mine since beginning and I posted on two threads already:
https://www.jyetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1551
after updating firmware
https://www.jyetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1652

I believe you have a trace, it is stuck to the top of the screen. Try to set the time-base to different values ( about 50ms works for me) and observe top of the box. I just uploaded a video troubleshooting mine, so you can compare.
https://youtu.be/PyAOcGo-CM4
I see you have at least signal generator reacting to the position of the switch.
AlexS16

Post by AlexS16 »

PiotrMisiuna wrote:my seams to be in a similar condition - now, it was worse, if you want to follow through, I have problems with mine since beginning and I posted on two threads already:
https://www.jyetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1551
after updating firmware
https://www.jyetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1652

I believe you have a trace, it is stuck to the top of the screen. Try to set the time-base to different values ( about 50ms works for me) and observe top of the box. I just uploaded a video troubleshooting mine, so you can compare.
https://youtu.be/PyAOcGo-CM4
I see you have at least signal generator reacting to the position of the switch.
It's true, i do have a trace way up the grid, i see it now, but the scope is weirdly behaving, now when i put down the trace, the scope has an anomaly, it does not show the correct voltage of the square signal right, like its pixelated or something. I don't know what could it be. I will later upload some Photos showing the display, but maybe it's the firmware or something. We'll need confirmation of this from jyetech@163.com
PiotrMisiuna

Post by PiotrMisiuna »

Please, Let me know the response. I would like to be able fix it myself, if possible, rather than send dozens of emails .
PiotrMisiuna

Post by PiotrMisiuna »

So how it went?
AlexS16

Post by AlexS16 »

PiotrMisiuna wrote:So how it went?
Nothing, my scope is still ruined, i didn't receive any response from JYE tech, and i still don't know what to do exactly to get it work. And you?
PiotrMisiuna

Post by PiotrMisiuna »

another voltage regulator went with smoke. I wait for parts. When I make it work again, I'll contact JYE.