Draft User Manual for DSO150

DanielF

Draft User Manual for DSO150

Post by DanielF »

The instructions that come with the DSO150 kit are primarily assembly instructions, with only very skimpy and incomplete user instructions.

Attached is my first draft at a more complete User Manual, and I'd welcome any suggestions for improvement. There are bound to be 'hidden' features I haven't yet discovered, so any further detail about these would be gratefully received.
Regards,
Daniel
alphaseek

Re: Draft User Manual for DSO150

Post by alphaseek »

Attached?
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

alphaseek wrote:Attached?
In first post it is not possible :shock:
CU, Rob
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

RobNL wrote:In first post it is not possible :shock:
Oh, I didn't realise that! :oops: But where there's a will, there's a way...

Perhaps some kind soul with more 'credits' than me could download the PDF from my Dropbox account, and then post it in this thread?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ycxy55hbvbr2 ... 9.pdf?dl=1
Regards,
Daniel
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

Here it is.
Attachments
DSO150_instructions(D01).pdf
(423.05 KiB) Downloaded 4933 times
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

alphaseek wrote:Here it is.
Many thanks, alphaseek!
Regards,
Daniel
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

After software update you must ask JYE for the activationcode.
They need a screenshot for the activationcode of the shell.

Input = ADJ + SEC/DIV + TRIGGER
Turn ADJ = number - press ADJ = next - OK = exit
CU, Rob
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

RobNL wrote:After software update you must ask JYE for the activationcode...
Rob,

Thanks, that's good information that I didn't know (you can see I'm a beginner with the DSO Shell! :roll: ).

I'll add that process to my next draft.
Regards,
Daniel
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

I'm not clear about the activation code. I know you need one when upgrading from any earlier version to version 110 or later. But I don't know if you need one if your Shell comes from Banggood with 110 or later already installed. It's possible you can tell you need one if you don't see a 4-character code at the upper right of the boot screen. I hope someone from JYE can clarify this.

Speaking of Banggood, I think the manual should say something about the fake kits being widely sold on Ebay and Aliexpress, and outline the consequences of ending up with one of those. Might also say that so far all received from Banggood have been genuine, but the Forum will have current information.

Just a personal preference of mine, but I don't like shortened URLs. I'd rather see exactly what the link is.

Perhaps there should be a specific section on the lipo battery mod many have done, including a link to the Forum thread about that. Also, for anyone contemplating doing that mod, they should consider changes to the SW5 and the rotary encoder installation when building the kit instead of doing those as described in the manual, only to have to redo all that for the battery mod.

I need to spend more time with the draft. May have other suggestions.
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

Tinyurl delect after a will the shortcuts.

If you update from 110 to 111 you need a activationcode, also from ~64 tot 110 you need it.
Even when you make a new install of the software you need the code, I try this a few times.

For the powermod there are also a few differend mods (see powermod on the forum).
I don't think you can say "this is the mod".
I have a powermod without extra holes, I use the 9 Volt input and rebuild them to a 5 Volt connecting.
So I can use the internal powermod, powerbank or a 5 Volt wallpower.

I use 3 kinds of mods and also two kinds of communication, USB2TTL and bluetooth.
Only for upgrading of the software you need the USB2TTL(and jumpers), but for download the data I use the bluetooth.
Updating the software you will do one time (..), but data download almost every day.
With the BT you don't have to make the extra holes in the shell.
CU, Rob