Software to capture and plot with the new firmwares

robocog

Re: New firmware and serial data capture to visualize and pl

Post by robocog »

Mine seems to draw about 40mA (with the base board - regulator/leds etc)
I have one I can experiment with and try and remove the base board from to try and miniaturise it a little
my 1300mAh lipo completely fills the section between the analogue board right to the rotary encoder, which doesn't leave a great deal of room and not much room for it to puff up

out of interest which 9v boost board are you using?
(do you have a working link?)
The original I was using was about 1/3 to 1/4 the size of the BT module - but was noisy enough to affect the trace display
I went with a much larger adjustable one which is cleaner signal, but has stolen a lot of space in the case

Regards
Rob
robocog

Post by robocog »

Have de boarded a bluetooth module and have it running successfully from the 3.3v line on the board, but at the cost of having an led to show the module is powered and its status.
Data flows nicely from the unit, not tried flashing firmware on the unit via Bluetooth

Bluetooth module is still double the length of the cp2102, but closer to getting it to fit.
Regards
Rob
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

I have also 2 shells, one I use and one to experiment with it and I fix the rotary encoder without the board.
I remove the plasic screw pilons to get more space in the shell.
Keppel 1800 mA - https://www.ebay.nl/itm/Accu-Akku-Batte ... 2089563558?
Stepup - https://www.ebay.nl/itm/USB-Lithium-Li- ... 1978851987?
USB2TTL - https://www.ebay.nl/itm/CP2102-MICRO-US ... 1765079624?

BTW, I can also use a powerbank with this https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/USB-DC-5 ... gIa8vD_BwE
CU, Rob
robocog

Post by robocog »

OK cheers for that - I did look at the lipo charge and boost combined boards
I take it the output is as clean as needed for the units range?

I have hooked up an LED and current resistor so I can see what is going on with the bluetooth and it works fine

I just hooked up another bluetooth unit to the PC and grabbed data wirelessly -used putty on the PC and there was no delay or issues

I shorted JP1 and JP2 to see if firmware could be flashed via BT....but it fails before it gets that far
(Flash loader errors saying it cannot get the commands?)
It is connecting to bluetooth as the LED goes solid and I can see "data LED" on the PC's bluetooth unit flashing like mad

I adjusted the timeout to be higher on the first page of flash loader, but it made no difference, same error message

So - BT is fine for grabbing data from the unit, but maybe no good for firmware flash as far as I can tell

If the firmware on the DSO could output the data (and just the data, without the header) and it be tab seperated we /could/ just use gnuplot on our Android devices to open the saved terminal output, no "converting the data via Python" needed, simple and straightforward
JYE if you are watching this thread...please? :D

Regards
Rob
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

How many times do you flash the shell, so I think I gone use BT only for datatranfer.
With my powerbank (10Ah) and stepupcord from Ali I have enough time and no need a lowpower indicator...it is on the powerbank.
And with two lowcost small powerbanks (2Ah) you can change the powerbank without waiting to load the shellbattery.
It works better then the inside stepup, I think the oscilator from the stepup can/will disturb the shell hardware.
I have also more space inside the shell with the powerbank option for other options....like BT :D

For the moment my friend have no time to write a program, he is offshore for a couple of weeks.
CU, Rob
robocog

Post by robocog »

RobNL wrote:How many times do you flash the shell, ....
Hopefully just once more ...with the data output set to be natively gnuplot friendly :p
(Prety please JYE :) )

Regards
Rob
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

Check your mail and flash the shell one more time :D
CU, Rob
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

BTW, I found this APP https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... thterminal
It can also up-download HEX with a HC0x, may this works ?
CU, Rob
robocog

Post by robocog »

Just flashed it - data still has header lines we don't really need and not tab separated :(

Regards
Rob
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

It handles only the frequency measurement....I'm sorry, not the headerlines.
But you have a new flash you can not find online.
CU, Rob