new dso shell kit stopped working properly adj encoder fault

ste2222

new dso shell kit stopped working properly adj encoder fault

Post by ste2222 »

Hi
Just built a legit DSO Shell worked fine for a couple of days then all of a sudden ADJ would not function correctly display went to top of screen could not alter v/div or sec div, adj just worked in one direction could not get it to work properly but ADJ did work in trig mode got into a menu that said input activation code by pressing sec/div +trig+adj emailed jyetech for activation code sent them my unit 8 bit ID code they sent back a 4 digit activation code and entered it ok unit now back working again as it should it seems that some new kits work for a few tries then need activating to get full functioning back the symptoms make the ADJ encoder seems to behave strangley there is no mention of this in the construction manual ...I thought i had a duff unit this might help others who think theirs has broken
jan

Re: new dso shell kit stopped working properly adj encoder f

Post by jan »

you have 5 attempts before it asks for activation.

some more info in thread " firmware 110 problems SOLVED !! "
Attachments
timer.jpg
Lloyd85

Post by Lloyd85 »

Hi,
I am also having the same issue you describe, and I did wonder if it was to do with the activation code, I will send JyeTech my ID number and get a code off them, see if it cures the problem for me too. Maybe this should be mentioned in the instructions and maybe the FAQ section of this forum, as I've spent ages desoldering, resoldering and checking components to no avail!

Regards
Lloyd
ste2222

Post by ste2222 »

Hi
I would like to add that you DO NOT get an activate warning screen come up with the kit well i never did it just goes into the lock mode after a few power ups where the ADJ does not work properly which then thows you off guard thinking somes failed ...... however
the activation code fixed my problem with the adj now working as it should they should mention it as i too was unsoldering stuff and checking resistors when all it needed was activation .....i did not get a screen saying anything about activation just came across it by chance button pressing ....when in activate screen you will find the adj button scrolls back and forward as it should do this will confirm your unit needs activate code and not a fault with the adj electronics
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

OK, but why needs the board the activationcode.
They forget to activate the board into the factory ?
It takes me 4 weeks befor I get the second DSO150 and the e "few" dollars for the encorders.
Now I have one working DSO150 (get one activate code) and now the second will do the same like the first one did.
The code don't work with the second one, so I need again a activation code.....I hate this kind of shit.
CU, Rob
jan

Post by jan »

As no-one already mentioned these strange problems after going to version 110 i asked why my settings were blocked ( encoder only went down, never up again ) .

i reflashed 64 and then dso150 worked fine , thus proving a firmware related issue .

Jye1 came with a response very fast , and they apparently knew this questions should come .

I am still amazed that only about 5 people have responded to the forum by now , whilst i thought we had a quite active forum.

Maybe it would be nice to hear from people who had NOT the need to put in the code to get activation .

As we all know there are tens of thousends of fake units around ( apparently the demand for fake is very high ) this could be some kind of security from jye.

Anyway , If you face strange problems after flashing to 110 .......................the solution is simple -> mail jyetek@gmail.com with your PID to get the code .
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

I buy mine by the same seller of Banggood.
https://www.banggood.com/Orignal-JYE-Te ... rehouse=CN
Maybe Banggood have get the ones with no activation code ?
Not everyone buy the DSO150 at Banggood, others by AliExpress or Ebay.
CU, Rob
Lloyd85

Post by Lloyd85 »

I have just received the activation code for my kit, and it is now working again!

My kit came from eBay, and is a genuine one. I also didn't get the screen shown above, telling me that it would need activation. Maybe it's just a slight firmware bug that de-activates an already activated unit? It could have been something to do with me pressing buttons to see what they did!

Regards
Lloyd
ste2222

Post by ste2222 »

Hi im glad my post has helped at least one other and may stop others from taking apart their perfectly good unit to find out it just needs an activation code and there is nothing wrong with the encoder its just a firmware anti piracy thing to stop cloneing i think but the makers should make it clear in the instructions that it will need activation if this happens as the user just thinks its a fault as no warning given
RobNL

Post by RobNL »

You are right.....the activationcode belongs with the manual.
I test both enconders, but there is nothing wrong with it.
I write JYE, but it takes long befor I get my activation code and can use the DSO.....not good marketing from JYE.
CU, Rob