Rotary encoder not reacting

robd

Rotary encoder not reacting

Post by robd »

After assembling the DSO i noticed that the DSO is not reacting to the rotary encoder (push & rotation). I followed the instructions from the troubleshooting thread and all the connections seem to be in order.

Do you have any ideas what i could check or do ?
jan

Re: Rotary encoder not reacting

Post by jan »

please post detailed pics
robd

Re: Rotary encoder not reacting

Post by robd »

I noticed the problem at step 5 (calibration) of the user manual, because i could not enter the test signal menu (pushing the rotary encoder for 3 seconds). So i measured the resistance between pin 4 and 5 and it drops to 0 while pushing.
Unbenannt-min.jpg
I also measured the voltages while powered on and they were quite low <1V , on pin 1 i measured about 0.85 V and while turning the encoder the voltage did not change. on pin 3 the voltage alternated between 0.85V and 0.96V while turning. However on powering up i could shortly measure like 3V.

Edit: After re-checking every connection on the encoder pcb and the connections to the main board i found the culprit. I had no connection from J2-4 to the main board so pin 2,5,6,7 had no connection to DGND and after resoldering ADJ is working correctly.

For reference:

I would suggest to add this to the 'FAQ, Tips, and Troubleshooting' for completion, since J2-1 to 3 are mentioned under section 5.