Strange behavior of test signal

gromf88

Strange behavior of test signal

Post by gromf88 »

Hi everybody,

I've just buyed a DSO 150, and it runs very well !

However, I have a strange issue with the test signal : it is always on, and I cannot change it from 0,1V to 3,3V, even by pressing the ADJ button (it displays 0,1V or 3,3V, but no changes are effectives). This signal is about 1,7V, and I can't turn it off.
This is very strange, because at the beginning this signal was ok (although still on…), and pressing the ADJ button maked it vary (but always on).

I checked every voltages as written in the user guide, everything seems OK.
Any idea ?

Thanks by advance !
spdrfx

Re: Strange behavior of test signal

Post by spdrfx »

Similar here, except i can switch between 0.1V and 3.3V, but the 3.3V test signal present, even if i turn it off.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

You need press and hold ADJ dial to turn off the display.
gromf88

Post by gromf88 »

Hello,

sorry to re-open this thread, but even if I press ADJ to disable the test signal (the mention disappears on the display) , it is still present. Can a defective component cause this type of behaviour?

Thanks for your help ;)
jye1

Post by jye1 »

The test signal is always present regardless the amplitude display. ADJ holding just turns on/off the display, not the signal.
gromf88

Post by gromf88 »

Ok thank you for the precision.

If I press the adj button the displays turns effectively on or off, but the test signal is always at 0.1V, even if the display shows 3.3V. Is my device damaged ?

Thanks by advance !
jye1

Post by jye1 »

When the amplitude display is on pressing ADJ should toggle signal level as well as the display. When the amplitude display is off pressing ADJ won't affect the signal level. It will turn on or off fast adjustment mode. The signal level will keep the last setting before the amplitude display was turned off.