Measurement issues

MatNieuw

Measurement issues

Post by MatNieuw »

I´ve had the DSO150 for a some days now, and am very impressed with it. Unbelievable what they pack in this small package. I´ve posted some issues in other topic, but those should not be takes as criticism, but as suggestions of possible improvements. I´m very happy with it already. I have boards rev E and software 62 (I see there is a version 64 now).
The signal measurements (OK button for 3 seconds) it can do are very useful, but I found you have to be careful how you measure. Those are probably software things, so I list the ones I found.
- If a sine wave is more than half the screen size, or a square wave more than one division, the shown frequency is about 10% too high.
- If a sine wave is small (e.g. around one division), the reported RMS value is to low. A 6.02V sine (measured with 0.1% meter) was reported as 5.92 V in the 2v/div position, but as 5,67 V in the 10V/div position.
- In addition, multiple signal periods should be on the screen horizontally. For instance, the frequency of a 10.00 kHz square wave is computed to be 10.01 kHz if the time base is at 50 μs/div, to be 10.07 at 20 μs/div, and to be 10.35 at 10 μs/div. At 1 Khz it is the same.

Having said this, they are MUCH better than having no measurements!
atgyuric

Re: Measurement issues

Post by atgyuric »

Hello i have problem with my DSO150, a cannot switch decoupling mode dc-ac, always stay at ac. It is happened, when i try to use my original jtech step up converter, under unload it has 9V, when i connected it to the dso150 it dropped voltage around 5V. After this i connect my DSO150 to a 9V battery again, then i cannot switch ac dc decoupling mode, if i try to drop voltage around 7.5v, then i can switch to DC mode, but after a mins it start to automaticaly switch ac dc mode every sec, then freeze the software after a mins. The only error that i see on testpoint the analog AV+ around 6.3V. Any suggestion? I have the C version analoge board. Thank you.