Firmware update: help request.

Jules

Firmware update: help request.

Post by Jules »

I'm trying to update the firmware of my DSO but I'm facing some problems: by mistake I did connect my DSO to the JYE119 Uart-USB Converter with tx->tx and rx->rx instead of tx->rx and rx->tx. Surprisingly this is the only configuration where I can reach my unit (COM 3) in the Flash Bootloader Demonstrator. Now, if I try to upload the new firmware, what I get is this error:
Schermata 2017-08-16 alle 16.22.43.png
If I connect, as per user manual, tx->rx and rx->tx, there's no way to reach the the DSO.
Any suggestion?

Best regards,
jan

Re: Firmware update: help request.

Post by jan »

isn't there a message before you get this screen asking to remove the protection ??

see post by surenz 21 june
Jules

Post by Jules »

Yes, but I read somewhere in the FAQ that I can ignore it and go to the next page.
And that's what I did.
johng

Post by johng »

I just upgraded from 54 to 62 firmware yesterday. I also found that connecting tx -> tx and rx -> rx was what worked to make the connection. And, I said OK to the "Remove Protection" query -- maybe that's the difference?

Edit: I found this post, which says "Remove Protection" is needed for the first time only.
http://www.jyetech.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1108#p3982

John
Jules

Post by Jules »

I have removed the protection too. And I can confirm that the warning message is now disappeared.
Basically we are in the same condition, the difference is that I cannot upload completely the .hex file to my DSO.
Best regards,
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Please check whether you have selected correct target type. Maybe the memory size did not match.
Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi Jye1,
You can see my target selection in the jpeg at the beginning of this thread. It's the same setting found in the firmware update instructions.
Any other ideas?
Best regards
Ric82

Post by Ric82 »

Hello
juste to be sure...

perhaps a bad download, please delete the hex firmware downloaded, and then download it another time
Then try a fresh new upgrade

then select options "optimise" and "verify" when selecting the hex file from the prog to do the upgrade

cause you had contrary tx and rx one time, it could have destroy the hex file stored on your pc

please advice for result....
regards Eric ;)
Jules

Post by Jules »

Ok, thanks.
I have a doubt: do I have to perform an incremental update 055->060->061->062?
Now I'm trying to update form 055 to 062.
Ric82

Post by Ric82 »

no you can upgrade to the last firmware, directly to the 062, there are minors bugs but it is ok for the principal use
;)