Cannot enter Test Mode

puffernutter

Cannot enter Test Mode

Post by puffernutter »

After turning the DSO150 on, letting it boot, then holding the ADJ dial for 3s, it will not bring up the "Test Signal Amplitude Display".

Everything else (voltages) tested out fine previously. So close and yet so far.....

Suggestions please?

Cheers

Peter
jan

Re: Cannot enter Test Mode

Post by jan »

which firmware ?

as far as i can remember the test square is always active , the test mode let you select 0.1 or 3.3 v

a default-restore could help ; Hold down [SEC/DIV] and [TRIGGER] buttons simultaneously for about 3 seconds.

Have you tried re-flashing ?
puffernutter

Post by puffernutter »

FW: 113-15001-055
LIB: 15003-045

The analogue board in plugged into what I assume is a "set up" configuration (J2-J4)

The push buttons work, but the [SEC/DIV] and [TRIGGER] buttons held simultaneously for 3s (I tried much longer actually!) have no effect.

Pushing the ADJ has no effect either!

I am getting a square waveform on the trace, the Ground/AC/DC coupling switch works, but I just cannot get that "Test Signal Amplitude Display" to appear.

I haven't tried flashing, I assume it's fairly straightforward?

Cheers

Peter
jan

Post by jan »

i don't have experience with 055 firmware , but you can flash safely to 061 ( 062 has some minor issues ) .

follow the explanation on jye website and use an usb uart ( with installed driver ) .

don't forget to disable the protection at first flash .
Petroid

Post by Petroid »

The test signal pop-up will not show if statistics display (freq, duty cycle, vpk, vavg, etc) is turned on.
skinkie

Post by skinkie »

I noticed that I have the same problem, but I found out that my adjustment dial only increments. Except for missing 'button press' do you have the same issuev with the dial?
eysi

Post by eysi »

only increasing dial is often a result of soldering the rotary encoder the wrong way, or to be more precise, the mini board it is attached to
I'm here to learn, I'm just an electronics enthusiast