Modification of software and hardware

toshi

Modification of software and hardware

Post by toshi »

Hello

Source code 113-15001-060 was released in May, but bugs remained in the library.
It seems that it takes time to fix the bug at jyetech, so I will release the software modifications I have done so far on a temporary basis.
I hope you find something useful.
I will upload again when the bugfixed library is released.

Change point
(1) Addressed the problem that trigger level setting due to long press of TRIGGER does not function properly.(temporary solution for 113-15001-060 library bug)
(2) Addressed the problem that the left half of the measurement result display does not function properly.(temporary solution for 113-15001-060 library bug)

It is not possible to cope with the incorrect capture of the beginning of the sampling buffer and the case where offset is caused by a sweep of 50 ms or less because it is a bug inside the library.

(3) Increase the movement amount in proportion to the rotation speed of the encoder.
(4) Correspondence of missing encoder data reading.
(5) Numeric display of trigger voltage level.
(6) Serial output of waveform data.(Short press of the encoder knob)
(7) Key repeat after long press of the button is prohibited.
(8) Change of VSen and Timebase is prohibited during waveform hold.
(9) Other minor bug fixes.

In addition, I will introduce the modification of hardware.
(1) Internal installation of battery
(2) Noise reduction
For details, please refer to "DSO150 Modification of software and hardware.pdf" in the zip file.
DSO150 Modification of software and hardware.zip
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 5048 times
Best regards.
Petroid

Re: Modification of software and hardware

Post by Petroid »

Wow! You did a great amount of work!
I will be testing your F/W this week hopefully.
Petroid

Post by Petroid »

I flashed 113-15011-060A.hex today and so far I'm impressed!
There is a bug though. The encoder behaves unpredictably when rotation direction is changed. Could be reproduced by rotating encoder many times for 1 tick left 1 tick right.
Ric82

Post by Ric82 »

Hello
What a job.....
I flashed yesterday with your firmware 60A and it appears to be well done
is it normal red led flashing long time inside dso? i did'nt remember it was the same before, did you noticed it?

Effectively there is a little bug on the trigger when rotating left or right but not a big trouble

I did like you , tranfert jp1/jp2 on a jumper so no solder anymore for flashing :mrgreen:

I appreciate the quick adjustment for trigger (without pressing rotating button) and possibility to send datas to pc too, i don't use this option at that time but some were looking for.

You made a serious adaptation on this dso shell ;)

Thanks for sharing it with us
Best regards Eric.
toshi

Post by toshi »

Thank you for reporting the problem.
I confirmed the behavior that encoder change amount becomes unexpected. It turned out that the cause is a side effect of slip prevention measures (4). I would like to continue to think of something good solution.

The LED inside DSO seems to flash when triggered. I think that the process of lighting the LED is done inside the library.
ManuelR

Post by ManuelR »

In your document, you write about bugs in the closed source part of the 61 firmware which don't exist in version 55.

Would it be possible to just use the closed source part of the 55 firmware?

Here is a early version of a firmware which works without any closed source parts.

https://github.com/michar71/Open-DSO-150/

Do you think it is possible to maybe merge your code with parts of the above one to get rid of the closed source part altogether?

Can you give some hints about how your format, you generate on the serial port to transmit the waveform, has to be parsed?
I'm on Linux and Excel doesn't really help me. I would prefer to be able to render using GnuPlot.
jan

Post by jan »

Toshi ,

will you have time to get the latest firmware the "toshi-treatment " ??

i like the communcation possibility.
toshi

Post by toshi »

Hello everyone. I'm sorry for the late reply.

>Would it be possible to just use the closed source part of the 55 firmware?
It is possible if JYETECH release 55 library "libdso 150.a". Currently 55 firmware is released only hex object.

>Do you think it is possible to maybe merge your code with parts of the above one to get rid of the closed source part altogether?
I saw Open-DSO-150. That's excellent. The author made up from scratch. Unfortunately there is no compatibility with JYETECH library.

>Can you give some hints about how your format,
The serial port setting is baud=38400 data=8 parity=n.
The end of the line is CR+LF (0x0D + 0x0A).
The first line is the number of seconds per sampling, and 2 to 1025 lines are data with voltage as the unit.
Unfortunately I can not give good advice because I do not have a Linux environment.
Will not it be possible to log data as text file with communication terminal software?

>I would prefer to be able to render using GnuPlot.
I never used GnuPlot so I downloaded the Windows version. I deleted the first line of the logged DSO150 file, added time to the 2nd column (increment is the first line number), and created a new CSV.

Like this
-0.267, 0
-0.292, 0.000008
0.275, 0.000016
0.251, 0.000024
:
-0.243, 0.008184

And I was able to plot with this command.

gnuplot> set datafile separator ","
gnuplot> plot "xxxx.csv" using 2:1 w l
Gnuplot_test.jpg
And I will release 60B which changed encoder read processing for firmware 60A I opened last time.

change point
(1) Debounce processing was added. This is a process to prevent reverse direction data from being obtained when the encoder stops rotating.
(2) I changed the processing corresponding to the slip when rotating at high speed.

However, if you rotate too fast, it will slip. This is because the reading process of the encoder is done by polling.

For the same reason, even if the encoder is rotated at a constant speed, the reading interval of data is not fixed, and occasionally the moving distance of the pointer may jump if it is shortened occasionally. This can be prevented by slowly rotating it.
113-15011-60B.zip
(87.88 KiB) Downloaded 2000 times
Best regards.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Hello toshi,
Thank you very much for the extended firmware 60B with the " Serial output of waveform data".

Unfortunately there is a little bug left. The type of the input coupling DC is missing on the LCD.
It shows only GND and AC, no DC. When I flash the original firmware it works correct.
I have not seen in your software any change concerning that.

Question: Is it possible for fix this bug?

Regards, Rudolf
OldHunter

Post by OldHunter »

@toshi
Than you very much for sharing the modifications.
Prefered the 60A version. It works just fine for me. The 60B is very slow with the dial knob.
@Rudolf
You can fix the problem with the "no DC" appearance by changing the R18 resistor
from 10K to 5K6. See Schematic _150analog.pdf near SW1A