[FIXED] White Screen

jonas

[FIXED] White Screen

Post by jonas »

Hello,

long story short: I’m wondering if there’s a "white screen" fix. Here are some posts but no one tells if he/she got it fixed. I got the kit with pre-soldered SMD-Parts.

Initially the screen worked for the first test, then it just got white, when I tested it the next time after removing R30. So - even I knew what I’m doing and was very gentle - there has to be something wrong. But how to find out, what part? There are not that much parts on digital board and I re-soldered everything.

All Voltages are as following with connected analogue board (a little off - but in tolerance?):
V+ 8.46V
AV+ 7.02V
V- -7.65V
AV- -5.96V
V1 0.02V
V2 0.02V
V3 0.03V
V4 1.38V
V5 -1.006V
V6 -3.63V
+3.3V 3.31V
RX/TX 3.3V

I re-soldered every connection on digital board and it’s fine (no blobs, everything is shiny). The DSO is booting (twice red blink) but nothing happens on screen.

Red LED flashes very often after boot (no analog board connected for keeping it simple to debug), I think it’s receiving floating signals? Pressing "OK" stops the blink and it keeps turned on. Pressing it again, it’s continueing to blink rapidly.

I re-soldered the LCD and checked the joints from LCD-Cable to PCB. Are there further points to check?

I also re-flashed / updated the device with latest firmware (61)

U3 is NOT getting very warm or even hot as some people are describing here. U2 and U3 are a little warm, a bit more than the room temperature. Does this imply that they are not working as they are getting hot for everyone?

I’m eager to fix rather than replace the whole kit (and I think the seller is not going to take it back as I already tinkered with it :)

Serial Number is 62usxWIR and PN 109-15000-00D1

Have nice day
Jonas
Last edited by jonas on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petroid

Re: Screen worked, after assembling shell: White Screen

Post by Petroid »

I would replace the CPU. I've done that once and It is definitely not that hard if you have hot air rework station. There are plenty video tutorials on youtube.
The price for STM32F103C8T6 was around $2 in my local store and it is even lower if you buy online.
jonas

Post by jonas »

I have one and will definitely try it out! Thanks!
jonas

Post by jonas »

Ha!

Before I replaced the CPU, I reflowed it as it is - NOW IT WORKS!

Thanks for the hint - I dont think about reflowing (ok: reworked with hot air) when I was not the original solderer as I think everyone makes it better than me :)