Does new firmware support older boards?

alphaseek

Does new firmware support older boards?

Post by alphaseek »

My Shell has the older main and analog boards, and came with firmware v54. Would the new v61 firmware work with my scope?
jye1

Re: Does new firmware support older boards?

Post by jye1 »

Yes it does.
creativeone

Post by creativeone »

not quite, I tried upgrade from v055 to 060 and 061 it works but the frequency, duty cycle, voltage etc. measurement does not work correctly. It works only I set extremely high V/div. For example input signal is 30kHz square / 0,5V scope settings 0,5V/div 2ms pattern on screen OK but no freq. reading. Setting V/div down to 0,2V no reading, 0,1V no reading, 50mV then the freq reading goes on.
On firmware 055 there no these problems, reads OK. Had someone these experiences with uprgaded firmware on old HW?
Petroid

Post by Petroid »

creativeone wrote:Had someone these experiences with uprgaded firmware on old HW?
These are known bugs of 60 and 61 firmwares. JYE promised a quick fix, but it is still not there. I suggest staying at 55 until we have a fixed version or you can try custom firmware made by toshi
Diabolo

Post by Diabolo »

Hello,

Version 055 is not available for download, so there is no way to go back to version 060.

Regards,
Diabolo
Ric82

Post by Ric82 »

creativeone wrote:not quite, I tried upgrade from v055 to 060 and 061 it works but the frequency, duty cycle, voltage etc. measurement does not work correctly. It works only I set extremely high V/div. For example input signal is 30kHz square / 0,5V scope settings 0,5V/div 2ms pattern on screen OK but no freq. reading. Setting V/div down to 0,2V no reading, 0,1V no reading, 50mV then the freq reading goes on.
On firmware 055 there no these problems, reads OK. Had someone these experiences with uprgaded firmware on old HW?

hello
Yes the same for me....
i tried the firmware 60A posted on this forum, a very good job by Toshi !
Petroid

Post by Petroid »

Diabolo wrote:Version 055 is not available for download, so there is no way to go back to version 060.
Here?
creativeone

Post by creativeone »

Thanks guys, it seems to be a general problem of those two new firmware releases (060,061).
Already I downloaded and flashed the Toshi's alternative firmware 060A, it looks like working. Thanks Toshi, good job man!
Now, I wait to JYE Tech to release the proper firmware without bugs.
Diabolo

Post by Diabolo »

Hello,

Oops! :oops:
I had this firmware 055 on my pc !!
I'll go to sleep! lol :lol:

Regards,
Diabolo
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

Now I have the same question about firmware 64. Does it work with the older boards? Also, can I go directly from 54 to 64?

And finally, how does everyone like 64? Is that going to be the final version, or are there remaining bugs?