Bigger Timebase

Moeforever1

Bigger Timebase

Post by Moeforever1 »

Hi Guys

I'd like to logg a Voltage, and show it on the Display for a longer timebase.
At the moment, the maximum is 500s * 12div = 6000s = 1.66 hours on the Dsplay, am i right?

I'd like to see the Voltage of a few days direct on the Display, for this, would it be possible, to just take a slower Cristal Y1?
For example from 8MHz zo a 0.1MHz? Or is there also some internal Clock or a Watchdog, wich can cause problems?
I know, that with this soution, the displayed Timebase's are'nt correct anymore, but this does'nt bother me, also the operability could be bad (slow), but i just want to Monitor the Voltage over a long Time, and don't do anything alse with the scope..

Or is there a software-solution for my problem?

Sorry for my english, thanks and Greetings
jye1

Re: Bigger Timebase

Post by jye1 »

When time base is slower than 20ms/div and trigger mode is set to AUTO the scope is in Rolling mode where there is not limit for time. Display will shift from right to left continuously. It is good for monitoring slow voltage.
Moeforever1

Post by Moeforever1 »

Yes thats right. But even in the slowest mode (500ms/div), the progress is too fast for me. I would like to see the voltage-changes over a few days all in one display-view.. So just slow down the whole device could be a solution..
jye1

Post by jye1 »

It might be okay if the clock frequency is slowed down a little. It can not be slowed down too much. Otherwise some parts inside the MCU might not work properly.