Request for software change II

Zmail

Request for software change II

Post by Zmail »

You wrote on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:27 pm : "Except the capture core all source codes will be made accessible to users soon including codes handling the buttons and encoder".

I bought the DSO Shell mainly for learning reasons and am therefore deeply interested in the (commented) source code. Additionally I would like to use its CPU and HID
resources for different specific purposes (for example multiple temperature data logging for hydraulic balancing of central heating systems via one wire interface, etc.)

Because of this I am interested only in the modification of main SW framework and do not have any interest in the DSO specific A/D conversion part (I am using Maxim/Dallas
temperature sensors which have their own A/D converter each).

Could you please specify when about do you intend to release the source codes for the DSO Shell ?

Should it by planned in the later future, could it by possible to get a copy of the respective documentation against an individual NDA ? (I am de facto retired :)

Zmail
boo

Re: Request for software change II

Post by boo »

I am also keenly awaiting release of the source code, as I feel that I could contribute improvements.
Zmail

Post by Zmail »

Hi jpe,

To be honest I wolud be far more interested in your business model than in your software ;)

If a distributor (Banggood) is selling your stuff today for EUR 18,28 - inclusive free delivery
to Europe (!) - what is then your net margin ??? And what is the number of units you are
selling per month ?? Or are you getting the parts for free and living in a cave ?

Just stunned - please do not feel offended - I admire your work :)

Best Regards,
Zmail
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Sorry for the delay. The source code is expected to be released early May. We need some time to make certain changes (for example, removing the codes for production). But performance and functions will be the same as the current version official firmware.
Zmail

Post by Zmail »

Thanks for the answer.
Zmail

Post by Zmail »

Hi,

any news regarding the source code ?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

It should be available next week.
Zmail

Post by Zmail »

OK - thanks - have a nice weekend :)
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Source codes released. Please see https://github.com/JYEtech/DSO-Shell-op ... e-version- .
qu1ck

Post by qu1ck »

jye1
This is great, thanks!
I just tried to build it with upstream gcc on linux (actually windows 10 lss, which is pretty good) and with minor fixes it works like a charm. Just sent you a pull request if you want to merge it.