Slow Sec/Div Response 5, 10, 20ms

vtfro

Slow Sec/Div Response 5, 10, 20ms

Post by vtfro »

Hello!

First and foremost, this is a fantastic project. I can't believe the value and usefulness of this little scope. Fun! :D

So far, my only concern is when using the above mentioned time base settings. I don't know if this is normal or not, but it slows down quite terribly as if the CPU is being overworked or throttled. If I go above or below these values, the scope seems to operate normally. Is this addressed with newer firmware? v-113-15001-054 is what mine shipped with.

Other ideas that came to mind:

1) Is it worth the effort to place a heatsink on the CPU? I notice it gets a bit warm, even through the case. I would like to prolong the life of this little guy.
2) Would placing higher quality through-hole components increase the accuracy and reduce the noise observed with some waveforms? What about shielding?
Further, I thought it might be fun to order a 15002K and upgrade all passive components and see what improvement there may be.

Thank you!
spdrfx

Re: Slow Sec/Div Response 5, 10, 20ms

Post by spdrfx »

Hello,

Exactly the same here, except im using 055 firmware.
jye1

Re: Slow Sec/Div Response 5, 10, 20ms

Post by jye1 »

It is normal you see refresh rate slowed down at 5ms, 10ms, and 20ms timebase because sampling rate is slowed down. At 50ms or slower rolling mode is used where display is refreshed at each sample or every few samples. So the display appear quicker than that at 20ms. But when time base is set to 5s, 10s, or slower the display will become slower and slower too.