New firmware, new problems.

nitroburn

New firmware, new problems.

Post by nitroburn »

So I had just finished building my DSO Shell and calibrating and testing it out, was working great. Then I noticed the firmware update and thought, Great! I'll give that a go. Now the upgrade process leaves me with no copy of the old firmware, and I don't see it on the site but the problem is that the new firmware just doesn't work right nor does the scope work right anymore and I'd love to downgrade to the previous version. The new firmware doesn't recognize held buttons properly, thing doesn't calibrate anymore (which I thought this firmware was supposed to help fix...), along with a bunch of other usability issues now. Not quite sure what is going on but it was working alright under the last/original firmware (that was on the board when it shipped).

Is it possible to get a copy of the old firmware? I only see the new one.
Thank you.
DanilinSA

Re: New firmware, new problems.

Post by DanilinSA »

Sorry for bad english. I use Google translator.
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

Well, I don't know if that's the latest "old" firmware. That's v052. My scope came with v054.
cdw2000

Post by cdw2000 »

I think I will hold off on the update until v054 is available on the Firmware page as a backup.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

This is the -054 version.
113-15001-054.rar
(42.73 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
stupsi99

stupsi99

Post by stupsi99 »

I update my shell from 52 to 54. :)
Is it a good idea to update to 55 or should i wait for the next release ?? :shock:

Br stupsi99
jye1

Post by jye1 »

-054 and -052 are virtually the same in performance. Only some internal codes for production test were changed. -055 contains significant improvement for the trigger. It is suggested to upgrade to -055.
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

I'm waiting for someone more adventurous than me to tell me that the firmware flash process works ok, and that the new firmware itself works well. The first post in this thread didn't inspire confidence.
qu1ck

Post by qu1ck »

I just flashed 055 and none of the problems mentioned by the nitroburn are present. For me this firmware is strictly an improvement, although there are still issues which I experienced with old firmware as well.

Namely scrolling with the encoder is very slow and obviously misses some ticks. This applies to moving the window or the trigger position or the 0v offset. No matter if you do it slowly it will just ignore some clicks and process others. Probably something going on with how multiplexing and polling of the inputs is done.

jye1 can this be fixed? As a wishlist, maybe also make it scroll/move faster when encoder is rotated faster? But only if the missed clicks is solved, otherwise this will lead to frustrating overshoots all the time.
Moduvator

Post by Moduvator »

I can confirm that the 055 version of the firmware seems to be working fine, been using the scope with it for one month with no problems. Trigger status information can be really useful at times.

Good to know that I am not the only one with occasional encoder ticks misses. Hopefully, this can be fixed in future releases.