New firmware, new problems.

alphaseek

Re: New firmware, new problems.

Post by alphaseek »

I believe the issue of skipped clicks on the encoder may result from the type of encoder chosen. Some encoders go through an entire cycle of both switch positions from one detent to the next. So they have the same number of pulses per revolution as detents per revolution, and are always both-switches-open (11) at a detent. But others have a detent at each half-cycle, so a detent can be at 11 or at 00. And those will have half the number of pulses per revolution as detents per revolution. I'm not sure the servicing algorithms would be the same for both.

Or it could be that the encoder isn't being polled often enough, or the interrupt servicing routines aren't quite right.
r0ck

Post by r0ck »

I just flashed the new 55 FIrmware.

I put the test signal on.
Is it normal that "waiting" and "holdoff" are flashing very fast at the top right corner? or is there some short ? Happens at 1ms and 2ms for example. If I go to seconds scale it doesnt switch rapidly.

And when I disconnect from the test signal, also Trigger is flashing . Do you guys have the same too?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

What you saw was normal. The display cycles from Holdoff to Waiting to Trigged and back to Holdoff. The cycle time can be faster or slower depending on trigger setting and nature of signal.
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

Could you please explain "waiting" and "holdoff"? Are they related to Single mode triggering?