DSO not working properly, strange errors.

Bug7734

Re: DSO not working properly, strange errors.

Post by Bug7734 »

I am no idiot, I know that :P
boo

Post by boo »

I watched your video. In particular I am looking at the changes in Vmax when you adjust the V/DIV setting.
I see slightly different behaviour and thought I'd tell you what to expect in a working unit.

If you are NOT in HALT mode, then as you change the V/DIV, the Vmax varies slightly but is mostly OK. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the resolution and calculation - but generally for a 9V battery I am seeing a range of 9.7V to 10.1V no matter what I choose for the V/DIV. When HALT is NOT selected.

However, when HALT is selected, I see similar behaviour to yours. That is, the Vmax calculation is in error because obviously the measurement was made in one unit, but the calculation is using the current V/DIV unit and well that's a bit of a bug in the UI. But to be clear, there is a difference between yours and mine in what is displayed for the Vmax setting - yours is almost like mine when HALT is on.

Just trying to help diagnose. Not an expert.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

@ Bug7734:

In the video the timebase was set to 1s. The scope was in rolling mode where new data enter from the right and old data leave from the left. The calculation of Vmax uses data of the whole buffer. So the results do not always reflect the input signal if the buffer contains old un-relevant data. It is suggested to set time base to faster than 50ms (20ms or shorter) and try again.
Bug7734

Post by Bug7734 »

Here again, I made another video with the 50ms timebase, but the results on the even smaller ones are equal.
I even found a new problem.

https://youtu.be/6hDUk6uULJs
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Can you test again in the way below.

1 ) Perform VPos alignment first (see manual for how to do it).

2 ) Set timebase to 1ms and measure the voltages you want.