replace stm32

PE1NJN

Re: replace stm32

Post by PE1NJN »

My DSO is working with the new firmware.
Thank you!
I have replace the 2 opamps by low offset types, and also tweaked R22 (271,5k) to get a 0V reading in every range with the input grounded.

Greetz, Bart
Zmail

Post by Zmail »

Interesting information but worthless without specification :(
Could you please tell us which low offset type did you choose ?
And what is the difference / experience ?
Thanks,
Zmail
PE1NJN

Post by PE1NJN »

Hi, I replaced the original opamps with OPA2227 and OPA4227, which results in less offset differences between the ranges.
The tweaking of R22 I have done is to get 0V reading when i apply 0V to the input.
The ideal value of R22 will be different on different devices because of the spread of tolerances of the used components.

Regards,

Bart
Zmail

Post by Zmail »

Thank for the answer :)
joky

Post by joky »

Please excuse me for digging up this old post again

Unfortunately, I also destroyed my dso150 or better the stm32. During my search on the Internet, I also read that the new firmware checks the serial number. How do I programm my serial number on the chip? Do i need a bootloader or something? I can still read this on the sticker on my board.

Or does this only work with an older firmware?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

You can contact us at jyetek@gmail.com with the number on sticker to get an activation code. Enter the code after flash firmware.
joky

Post by joky »

jye1 wrote:You can contact us at jyetek@gmail.com with the number on sticker to get an activation code. Enter the code after flash firmware.
Thank you for your fast answer.
Please explain the exact process to me before I buy a new processor and solder this.

1. I replace the STM32 with a new one (empty)
2. i ask for a activation code
3. I program the new firmware from the JYEtech homepage via UART (i have a cheap one or do I need a special pragrammer)
4. after starting the DSO150 asks me for the activation code (do I have to press a key combination before entering the code?)
5. after this the DSO programms the serial number itself into the chip?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

You can use a Uart-USB converter to upgrade firmware. No special programmer required. Please see https://jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/D ... rmware.pdf . After firmware is flashed and running pressing SEC/DIV + TRIGGER + ADJ simultaneously will allow you to enter activation code.