Solder JP3 and JP4 or JP5 and JP6

Elecifun

Solder JP3 and JP4 or JP5 and JP6

Post by Elecifun »

My new kit says in a note not to solder JP3 and JP4, while the instructions tell me to solder JP3 and JP4.

The note tells me to solder JP5 and JP6. I will have to ignore testing in this case as JP4 needs to be soldered permanently after voltage tests.

Please, what do I do???
jye1

Re: Solder JP3 and JP4 or JP5 and JP6

Post by jye1 »

The note in manual saying JP3 and JP4 should be kept open was a typo. The "JP3 and JP4" in the note should be "JP5 and JP6". That is JP5 and JP6 should be kept open. There should be an errata attached that correct the error.

Anyway, under normal working state only JP3 and JP4 are closed. All the rest jumpers (JP1, JP2, JP5, and JP6) should be kept open.
Last edited by jye1 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elecifun

Post by Elecifun »

The extra/added note says NOT to solder JP3 and JP4 which I have soldered many times (over 40) with these boards.
So the added note which says JP5 and JP6 IS to be soldered is correct?

This means the testing is all wrong as you have to solder JP3 before voltage test and JP4 after voltage test is correct.

So you can see where the confusion is coming from.

Thank you
Elecifun

Post by Elecifun »

Just to let others know..

I soldered JP5 and JP6 and as expected it did not work.

I soldered JP3 and JP4 as I usually would and it works.

I do not know why these are leaving TOMTOP with the added notes. All I can say is the notes are not official JYETECH and are NOT correct.

Love and Peace
pjackson

Post by pjackson »

The notes under box 21 contain typos. The "JP3 and "JP4 in the notes should be "JP5 and JP6". That's the errata wants to say.

So the correct handling of the jumpers are:

1 ) JP3 and JP4 should be closed with solder.
2 ) JP1, JP2, JP5, and JP6 should be kept open.
Best,
-P
BETLOG

Post by BETLOG »

I recently bought a 138mini, and this thread was essentially the only result I got from google on this subject, so I figured I should comment here, despite the minor model difference.
The DSO 138 *mini* instruction sheet says:
"Short JP1, JP2, JP3 and JP5 with solder.... Keep JP4 open."
However if you plan to use the supplied battery connector (which is *not* described in the assembly instructions), then you also need to short JP4. This does not prevent USB power from working, and as far as I can tell does not change any other function.
...So there's that.