Scope stopped working

Blair1332

Scope stopped working

Post by Blair1332 »

My scoped worked perfect the first couple times I used it then the other day it stopped. I have attached the test voltages and a picture of the screen right after boot up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Blair
Attachments
screen shot.jpg
Voltages.jpg
amb

Re: Scope stopped working

Post by amb »

I've noticed that my DSO138 does something similar since I upgraded to the latest (060) firmware.

However all I do is start monitoring the target signal and the 'scope quickly starts displaying correctly.

Have you tried this (from the 060 firmware changelog):-
"Auto-center trigger level to the middle of signal amplitude when trigger level is focused and OK button is held down for 2 seconds. This is useful for quickly stabilize waveform display."
or
"Restore factory default settings when "+" and "-" buttons are held down simultaneously for 2 seconds."
Blair1332

Post by Blair1332 »

Resetting got me the test cycle back but it's still reading wrong and when I tested my regulated power supply it was was pulled down to 7.4 volts from from 9.4 verified with a DVOM. i alos got a white screen on bootup a couple of times
amb

Post by amb »

I'd try a different power supply - the reading suggests the one you are using is not up to the job and is being dragged down as the 'scope starts.