Probe calibration.

doppelfaust

Probe calibration.

Post by doppelfaust »

I finally got my DSO138 functional and went to do probe calibration but the wave form is off the display... I checked my voltages everywhere and they are pretty close to the values they're suppose to be at. I've attached a picture for reference. Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Please be easy on me, this is my first foray into anything more complicated than a standard multimeter.
OSCOPE.jpg
amb

Re: Probe calibration.

Post by amb »

Do a VPOS alignment as detailed in the instructions.

You can reposition the trace vertically using the + and - buttons when you have the vertical position indicator highlighted.

Similarly you can shunt it left and right when the horizontal position indicator is highlighted.
doppelfaust

Post by doppelfaust »

I tried repositioning it but only had enough adjustment to get one side displaying.

I'll try the VPOS alignment tomorrow.
doppelfaust

Post by doppelfaust »

I tried the VPOS alignment but the test wave is still aligned incorrectly. At 1v it looks great but when I have the SEN1 switch set to 0.1v only one side of the wave form can be displayed.
MaxxB

Post by MaxxB »

Did you manage to move the little triangle on the left side all the way to the bottom? Can you post a photo when it is down, then we can see how much of the wave form is still missing. It might give a clue as to what needs adjusting.

Maxx
John

Post by John »

Hello doppelfaust,
in the picture the CPL switch is set to DC.
Please set the CPL switch to AC.