My 1V Sens switch shows 10mV ?

CurryKitten

My 1V Sens switch shows 10mV ?

Post by CurryKitten »

Hello there,

I just build this scope which I bought from Banggood. As far as I can tell after looking at the guides this is genuine, it has the tear drop solder pads, although I do notice the the firmware is earlier, it's running 046

Anyhow - the scope appears to work fine... bit noisy as many other have noted, but frankly the fact I managed to get those surface mount resistors on and actually working thrilled me enough not to care. The bit that it off is if I use my 1V sensitivity switch. In the lower left of the screen on x1 this displays 10mV, basically it's the same as if I switch it onto the 10mV sensitivity switch. However, the waveform produced is correct to the input voltage. If I put the info for the voltage up it reads it as though on the 10mV switch as well.

I took a few pics (and just noticed I had it set to AC - oops, not that it makes a difference in this) -

Set to 1v x1 showing the test wave - which is 3.3v

Set to 1v x5 showing the same (just to show the waveform is correct, even if the voltage readout isn't)

With the readout on, it's showing the wrong voltages, a PPV of 0.41v

...and showing the other sensitivities are fine, here's 0.1v in x5 showing more reasonable voltage numbers

What I was wondering is was this a bug in the earlier firmware, did I connect something incorrectly, do I have a dodgy fake ?

Any suggestions/hints gratefully appreciated.