DSO138 mention of reduce price on updated 50 version Bd

amtpdb1

DSO138 mention of reduce price on updated 50 version Bd

Post by amtpdb1 »

Hi:
On the forum here, someone said that JYE was going to allow us purchase a new updated board and pieces (for a 50 firmware) for 18.00 with pictures and proof of purchase.
This would be without a screen or probe. That would mean that I would have an old board that would be worthless to me sitting on my desk that for all rights I spent 18.00 for the old one to throw away! There would be no purpose to just have a board that has no screen on it laying around that I can see. It would be better if they offered a complete new kit for the proof of purchase price you have that they want to see anyway. That way you have an old one you can use on somethings and new one on others or on the same project without a total loss of monies because the board with out a screen is worthless as you can't do anything with it. Most of us would have only purchased 1 of these kits. Now,because of getting a kit 1 month before the release you have a kit that is less efficient then it would have been if it was sold to you 1 month later. I am willing to purchase another kit (which I don't need) if I can at least get it for the same price as the first one. I am not asking them to give me a break or discount on a new one (though it would be nice), just allow us some wiggle room so that the monies paid for a new board does not make my other board just a total waste of money. I am not even asking for an exchange as it is not their fault that the seller did not tell us a new model for the same price would be out in a month. It is nice that they are offering this to us if they are doing so, but I would just hope they would go 1 step further and offer the screen with it. The retailer makes money selling the kit to us for the price they did. So I am not wanting them to do this at a loss just less profit.

Anyone want to give there 2 cents on this topic?
davef

Re: DSO138 mention of reduce price on updated 50 version Bd

Post by davef »

I was going to ask if they would include a screen as well (at extra cost) ... because at least one would have a spare display if that ever failed.
amtpdb1

Post by amtpdb1 »

Just an update. I was told that they might make the lcd screens available for an additional cost.
lmantuano

Post by lmantuano »

Hello JYE people,

I have another proposal/idea... how about you sell us:

-- a new kit with an ALL SMD board (to make it easier for us with bad eyesight)
-- probes and display
-- a free 150ohm resistor
-- and free -050 FW on CD or SD card...
................. for same $$ of the old one

so that we can upgrade the old one and end up with two functional scopes..? you will still be making the extra money and make some of us happy and maybe we'll buy more stuff from you.

regards

lm