New kits - 13803/4K - F/W .050

dima2805

Re: New kits - 13803/4K - F/W .050

Post by dima2805 »

jye1
I buy original kit, why I must buy one more. Your must give firware for free, we buy your product and your duty provide support for your products free and not to pledge your customers to buy another set of discount. If your products podayty then copy them to court because you have ownership of this product. You have a list of vendors that dissemination dzhuyut unlicensed product , please contact the administration alliexpress, ebay etc. but not compel your customers to spend money because manufacturers are copying your product. I think that every customer signs up during this fasting is wrong because your problems are transferred to us
lmantuano

Post by lmantuano »

Hi JYE1,
Thank you for your proposal but, with all due respect, you want us to buy another (incomplete) kit, assemble it, hope it will work, etc..?

I'm almost happy with my 138 and I don't really want/need another one.

Surely, just for a resistor change and a few lines of code, I would consider this as a "normal" ECO (Engineering Change Order) DIY solution.

Wouldn't be better if you just distribute the FW on a CD or SD card together with the new R11 resistor for a "good will fee", say $5.00..?

I understand that you are trying to minimize problems with the FAKE issues, but why penalizing your customers?

Regards
Luigi
caulktel

Post by caulktel »

Will the printable Banggood invoice be suitable in PDF form? I don't recall ever getting a original purchase receipt.

Joel
amtpdb1

Post by amtpdb1 »

jye1 wrote:For customers who bought the earlier version and really want to change firmware to version -050 we plan to offer a special discounted kit that includes a programmed board and all other parts (without LCD and probe). Price is USD $18.00/each including worldwide shipping. This special kit will be available next week. Buyer needs to provide original purchase receipt and high resolution photo of his/her board.
How much more to add a screen?
amtpdb1

Post by amtpdb1 »

Are they taking orders for the new board yet? I have asked a couple of time about the board and I also asked about a new screen. All I have heard is soon. Has anyone paid for one and it is being shipped and on the way? Has anyone found a place to purchase screens for this oscilloscope?
dima2805

Post by dima2805 »

when you give to us new firware? I think your company not pour. At first you don`t work to upgread with jye lab and now your do new firware but won`t give it to us
amtpdb1

Post by amtpdb1 »

They are not planing on letting 050 out. What they have done is make the new firmware available on a new board with the screen for 19.80 usd. Look at the first item on the forum for the information. I know it is not what you or many of us wanted, but at least you can get it. I have one of the older boards (2 months) that works fine with more noise. I decided I wanted to see the new version of the firmware, so I did purchase the new board with the latest firmware.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

We are a small company which do not have much extra resource to fight the counterfeit. Suing them to court takes time and will almost never work in China. So holding the firmware becomes the only choice to stop the copying. We knew this will hurt existing users. We feel very sorry for that. That's why we want to offer the discounted kit.

The major improvement of new firmware was reducing noise. Actually there is another option for users who concern the noise and want to lower it without purchase of the new kit. Please see http://forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-6 ... quick_post. This was found by MorganFlint (thanks Pete sending me the link ! ) that can significantly reduce the noises without change firmware. I duplicated the mod on one unit here and found the noise spikes lowered by about half. This is worth doing.
lmantuano

Post by lmantuano »

Hi Jye1,

I feel better after your explanation about being a small company etc, I will stop pushing for getting the FW separately...

thank you for the better deal with the "replacement kit".. things start looking more positive. One request, if I may, could you supply the board with ALL the SMD components installed? It would be so much easier if you did that and make our assembly job much easier/safer.

Finally, can you please comment on the issue of 0v line alignment and current parameters changing back to default each time the DSO is powered off and on again? Example: power on (with 8.4v li-ion battery), defaults to 1ms - AUTO - Trigger point, VPOS indicator and Buffer window all in the middle - 0v Line one square above VPOS... change parameters to whatever I want to measure, when finished power off, immediately power on again, ALL PARAMETERS go back to DEFAULT... is this normal? is there a way to SAVE the current parameters and 0v alignment..?

regards
Luigi
dima2805

Post by dima2805 »

jye1 sanks for link. Sorry for previous post, I think that you are big company