How to tell your board is counterfeit or not?

dunk8888

Re: How to tell your board is counterfeit or not?

Post by dunk8888 »

Hi,so i take it the board isnt open source,or is the board open source hardware but software is not,i hear that people are making data loggers with the boards etc is that ok?
dunk8888

Post by dunk8888 »

Another question,what happens if some one has counterfit board and calls in the id number and the number is ok!,now the next person that calls in with the none counterfit board and gets told its fake cause someone has allready rang in with the same number you will autothink the second board is fake but the counterfit people got one number right by chance ? how do you know wich board is fake? and doeas the first person get told say in the futer when the second person rings in with same board id that one of them is fake? has that ever happened.? i know it probably unlikely but it may cause someone to belive that there boaard is fake when its not and then seller on ebay or wherever gets in trouble,just a thought. :roll: :idea:
jye1

Post by jye1 »

dunk8888 wrote:Hi,so i take it the board isnt open source,or is the board open source hardware but software is not,i hear that people are making data loggers with the boards etc is that ok?
The firmware was not fully opened but a useful interface was provided to the core that was wrapped. It is true that users can build their own application without source of the core.
dunk8888 wrote:Another question,what happens if some one has counterfit board and calls in the id number and the number is ok!,now the next person that calls in with the none counterfit board and gets told its fake cause someone has allready rang in with the same number you will autothink the second board is fake but the counterfit people got one number right by chance ? how do you know wich board is fake? and doeas the first person get told say in the futer when the second person rings in with same board id that one of them is fake? has that ever happened.? i know it probably unlikely but it may cause someone to belive that there boaard is fake when its not and then seller on ebay or wherever gets in trouble,just a thought. :roll: :idea:
First of all the ID number is random so it is very hard for someone to guess a correct one. Even if someone does and the second one come in with the same ID we would ask both to provide supporting proofs like receipts and photos. It won't be too difficult for us to tell which one is genuine if we go to that point.
alexernst

Post by alexernst »

I made the request for the authenticity of the product. ID number sent to jyetech@163.com. and answer no one wants!
alexernst

Post by alexernst »

In what form to send a request to the authenticity of the device, which address jyetech@163.com or jyetek@gmail.com?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Can you let us know your email used please? We will check. So far all received verification requests have been answered.
alexernst

Post by alexernst »

jye1

Post by jye1 »

We couldn't find email from this address. Can you please send your ID code again?
alexernst

Post by alexernst »

OK! Send to jyetech@163.com
boston419

Post by boston419 »

I've got a board that came with firmware -042, but no ID tag, that was purchased recently. I'm guessing it old stock as it has the JYE logo (NOT Sainsmart), and the assembly instructions have two 1.5k resistors (R38, R11).

P.S. The board is red not black.