How to tell your board is counterfeit or not?

jye1

How to tell your board is counterfeit or not?

Post by jye1 »

Since August 2015 ALL shipped genuine DSO138 boards contain a unique product ID. The ID is printed on a sticker at the bottom of solder side (please see photo below). User can verify the genuineness of his/her board by sending the ID to JYE Tech by email at jyetech@163.com.
Sticker.jpg
If your board does not contain the sticker it is a counterfeit. If your board contains an ID but the ID does not exist in our database or the ID is a duplicate (i.e. someone else has reported the same ID before) your board is also a counterfeit.

Buyers who unintentionally purchased counterfeit DSO138 are strongly encouraged to report the sellers to eBay, Amazon, or AliExpress, or post to public forums. At the same time they can protect their right to ask for full refund from the sellers.
Last edited by jye1 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tmokbel1965

Re: How to tell your board is counterfeit or not?

Post by tmokbel1965 »

Hey there! Thanks for the information. What should we do, if we do receive a counterfeit board? It isn't your problem I know.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Buyers are encouraged to do the following when they receive counterfeit DSO138 kits.

1 ) Request refund to the seller.
2 ) File a complaint to eBay, Amazon, Ali Express, etc.
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

I'm a little confused. I got my kit form one of the recommended sellers (NooElec via Amazon), and it has the latest firmware, but it does NOT have an ID sticker. This was ordered mid October. It went together and operates fine, but I'm confused. Thoughts?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

NooElec is a trusted seller. You may just purchased a old stock.
neilsm

Post by neilsm »

I just bought a kit from roboticreep on eBay. Is this a trusted seller? I see no ID sticker and it came with no instructions.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

neilsm wrote:I just bought a kit from roboticreep on eBay. Is this a trusted seller? I see no ID sticker and it came with no instructions.

The board is counterfeit if without the ID.
everphilski

Post by everphilski »

My wife bought me a Sainsmart DSO138 for Christmas which is obviously counterfeit. I'm sorry - honest mistake on her part.

I will file a report with eBay. Do you have a paypal link where I/others could spot you a few bucks?

philip
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Hi everphilski, filing a report to eBay is much appreciated, and that's enough. Thank you!
everphilski

Post by everphilski »

Done!