The zero line does not coincide with the line of the screen.

Vartan

The zero line does not coincide with the line of the screen.

Post by Vartan »

The zero line does not coincide with the line of the screen. Shifted by 0.9 v , Voltage:
AV - 5.00
AV+4.86
+3.2
I'm guessing that's because AV+ is equal with 4.86. And I had very bad ceramic capacitors 0.1 µf (really 0,05 measured ESR meter), put a good nothing.
Please help!
Attachments
NWP_150607_0001.jpg
jye1

Re: The zero line does not coincide with the line of the scr

Post by jye1 »

Did you try VPOS alignment as stated in the manual?
Vartan

Post by Vartan »

There is such a function! I didn't read the manual(my native language is Russian).
THANKS!!!!!!
miketheb

Post by miketheb »

Hi

The zero line appears 2 lines above the centre of the screen ~ I have tried the VPOS alignment and now the coloured arrows are in line with the zero line ~ but its still 2 lines above the centre of the screen

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Mike
Attachments
P1030011.JPG
amb

Post by amb »

I can't access my 'scope to double check but if I recall correctly you can reposition the trace vertically using the + and - buttons when you have the vertical position indicator highlighted.

Similarly you can shunt it left and right when the horizontal position indicator is highlighted.
miketheb

Post by miketheb »

Hi

Thank you and yes you are correct

The instructions supplied need to be more comprehensive ;)

Regards

Mike
amb

Post by amb »

Mike,

Glad you got it sorted - I had the same problem when I first got mine going and found it by accident. It made sense when I found it but, as it occurs when you first get the scope going, you immediately think it's something you've done when assembling the kit and you fire up the soldering iron!

You're right - the instructions could do with a little more detail. Failing that an FAQ on this forum would be useful. I'm sure the forum moderator will take note - Jyetech have been very helpful to me with this and the capmeter I bought.

Regards

Andy
lmantuano

Post by lmantuano »

G'day!

Finished putting it together and it works beautifully (FW 113-13801-046), very happy..!

BUT, I also had the zero-line mismatch, found this information, performed the VPOS adjustment and all looked good..

BUT #2, when power is cycled or pressing the RESET button, the scope goes back to misalignment zero-line, in fact the scope doesn't "save" any of the current settings, is this normal or is it a "special feature"..?

thanx

lm
fredmam

Post by fredmam »

Hi,

I've just finished the assembly and I have exactly the same problem (firmware 045).

when I reset the board it's almost correct, but if I try to test a signal I have an offset which stay in memory.

Any Idea?

Thanks,

Fred.
clondono

Post by clondono »

My trace slowly drifts from the center line as I'm doing measurements, and when i switch trigger mode from auto to normal and back to auto my trace drops way out of the boundaries of the screen
I then have to do the 0V alignment and bring the trace back down. But the trace is constantly dropping out. Does anyone else experience these issues?