AV+ shortcut debugging

Noth

AV+ shortcut debugging

Post by Noth »

Hi,

After 1 year of pause I decided to finish debugging my DSo132 kit, the power supply was in complete shortcut before soldering JP4).
So, after a few hours unsoldering some components and cutting some tracks I ended up there:

There's no more shortcut if I cut the AV+ track between the SEN1 switch PIN5 and the CPL switch PIN 5.
So It seems that the shortcut appears somewhere around the CPL switch.

Does anyone has any guess on what could be wrong ?

The logical next step would be to unsolder the CPL switch too see what's under the hood,but these things are really boring to unsolder.. :)
Noth

Re: AV+ shortcut debugging

Post by Noth »

So ...

When trying to unsolder the CPL switch, I was thinking at what could technically go wrong. Everything seemed fine, all components were clean and after debugging most of the circuit I really had no idea what the problem could be.. except possibly a bad junction between two tracks on the PCB (AV+ touching the ground, or eventually the switch shield).
Si, I decided to check with the switch partially unsoldered and.. that's it, the shortcut was fixed!

My guess is that there was maybe a "solder leak" under the switch between PIN5 (AV+) and the switch shield.
I did carefully resolder all the switch pins and the DSO138 is now working fine !