It works, but no trace

sparkyprojects

It works, but no trace

Post by sparkyprojects »

Just finished building the scope, it boots up and displays the right screen with all the notations around the outside, the values change when switches are changed, so it seems to be working, however there is no trace.
I have checked all the solder joints, they are fine.
I have another scope and a signal generator, i can trace the signal through v1, v2, and v3, all the supply voltages are correct, any help appreciated.
MNTech

Re: It works, but no trace

Post by MNTech »

With no input signal the voltage at test point V2 should be approximately 1.6V.

I assume you have already done the Vpos Alignment.
Do the Restore Factory Default procedure.
Hold down [+] and [-] buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds.

You will need to do the Vpos Alignment again after resetting the defaults.

My DSO138 has lost the defaults a few times, The grid line at the bottom was a different color showing that the scope thought the input was out of range. Reset brought it back to life.
sparkyprojects

Re: It works, but no trace

Post by sparkyprojects »

MNTech wrote:With no input signal the voltage at test point V2 should be approximately 1.6V.

I assume you have already done the Vpos Alignment.
Do the Restore Factory Default procedure.
Hold down [+] and [-] buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds.

You will need to do the Vpos Alignment again after resetting the defaults.

My DSO138 has lost the defaults a few times, The grid line at the bottom was a different color showing that the scope thought the input was out of range. Reset brought it back to life.
Cool, thanks, didn't notice the line at the bottom, seems to work great, just got to check calibration.
But for what i need this for (displaying general wave shape) it doesn't need to be accurate.
that's what the proper scope is for :D