more on white screen

cepwin2

more on white screen

Post by cepwin2 »

So I finally got back to troubleshooting my DSO138. When I turn it on I get a white screen and the test mode is the slow blink, indicating an open. When I test ground to J1-pin 18 I get between 2 and 3 volts, When I test J1-16 to ground I get just over 3 volts. Between the two pins at most I get 0.8 volts. J36 measures 4.96 volts accross it. The volts for V0, V1, and the voltage measurements on the top left (A0?, A1?) of the board seem in speck. Any thoughts on where I should look next? The LCD is clearly getting power but it doesn't appear to be getting a signal from the board. Does this look like opens on J3? I'm thinking perhaps re-solder that next?
NOTE: I bought my kit directly from Amazon so I have no reason to believe it is a fake.

Thanks!
jye1

Re: more on white screen

Post by jye1 »

Because there are many counterfeit boards users who bought genuine DSO138 and needed support please post photos of board and the PID (on a sticker). Sorry for the inconvenience we can only limit our support to genuine kit users.
cepwin2

Re: more on white screen

Post by cepwin2 »

Tnx! Well it turned out I was able to get it to work. For the benefit of others that may run into issues I concluded that the issue was very possibly an open on the J1 or J3 pins (pins on both sides connecting the LCD with the main board. This was based on the fact that voltages on the board looked OK and test mode was indicating an open. I re-soldered any of the pins that appeared lacking in solder and that fixed it. One of the pins that bring the signal was evidently not soldered properly.