Trace is fine but 0v showing Trigger level readout

johnnt

Trace is fine but 0v showing Trigger level readout

Post by johnnt »

Hi folks,

Just built a DSO0138 which i purchased from banggood.

It all seems fine and all the reference voltages seem to check out (although a couple of the voltage dependant ones are a bit high but i'm using a 12v suuply).

The problem i have is the trace appears fine but i get a 0v reading on the trigger level readout. Is there a pin which feeds this, or is it extrapolated from the probe measurements?

Thanks

John
johnnt

Re: Trace is fine but 0v showing Trigger level readout

Post by johnnt »

No replies - surely someone must have some advice.

What feeds the trigger level readout - the voltage must be available to the device as the trace is accurate, just the readout shows 0v all the time.

Anyone got any pointers??

Thanks

J
MNTech

Post by MNTech »

The trigger level is a control you set. Hit the SEL button to move the highlighting to the pointer on the right side of the display.
Then use the + and - buttons to change the position of the pointer and the voltage reading.
Holding the OK button for 2 seconds will reset it to 0.

Set the trigger pointer to a level that gives stable triggering, usually halfway between the highest and lowest voltage swing.
On an AC voltage 0 volts is the center, with DC pulses you have to change the level.
The slope selection determines if the scope triggers on the rising of falling edge of the waveform
johnnt

Post by johnnt »

err, ok how stupid do i feel right now ! :)

At least i know my soldering's ok !

Thanks for the info.

J